Drifty McDriftFace

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hear me out. I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread or an obvious realization. The more I drive this car, especially with DSC completely turned off, the more I think Toyota was building a car that was designed for competitive drifting. This thing is has all the hallmarks of a drift car. Short wheelbase. Plenty of power. Questionably sticky tires. A propensity for the back end to kick out under power. Same when you are in a corner and lift off throttle and have that weight transfer forward. Hell, same with bump oversteer on the 2020 cars.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good car in other situations, but a handful to work around a traditional track. This thing is a drift machine.
Sponsored

Paonic

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5
Hear me out. I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread or an obvious realization. The more I drive this car, especially with DSC completely turned off, the more I think Toyota was building a car that was designed for competitive drifting. This thing is has all the hallmarks of a drift car. Short wheelbase. Plenty of power. Questionably sticky tires. A propensity for the back end to kick out under power. Same when you are in a corner and lift off throttle and have that weight transfer forward. Hell, same with bump oversteer on the 2020 cars.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good car in other situations, but a handful to work around a traditional track. This thing is a drift machine.
Hi, I'm from Italy, I'm already using my mk5 Supra as a drift car during some weekends, It's so funny... but I need to find a solution to install a hydraulic manual hand brake and an electronic adjustment for the automatic transmission and the ABS system.... Or install a manual transmission.... but here in Italy is impossible to find a dealer for these modifications.... I hope to have good suggests on this forum!