Drivetrain Error - Stuck in 4th gear

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Good morning ladies and gents! Current Stage 2 power mods are just a VRSF catless downpipe and Ecutek dyno tune on 93 pump. Car feels amazing! Should've come this way from the factory.

Any way, to the point of the story. My buddy has all of the parts to go Stage 2 as well but hasn't pulled the trigger as of yet. We left a cars and coffee event and headed to a deserted part of the highway, he was in my car and I was in his because he wanted to feel the difference. He was blown away by the smoothness of the power delivery and the power itself. We switched back into our own cars as he wanted to hear my car's exhaust from behind. I was in 4th gear and initiated the rolling anti lag feature of the Ecutek (awesome!) as I'd done before. The car hit redline in 4th gear and instead of shifting, popped a Drivetrain Error - Continued Driving Possible code and stayed stuck in 4th. I could manually upshift on the dash display, but the transmission wouldn't change gears. Switched to Normal mode: Same. Pulled off the highway and let it idle down for a few minutes, put it into P just fine, shut it off for a minute, turned it back on and voila. started and went into gear like nothing had ever happened.

I'm taking it into my tuner today to see if he can pull any of the historic error codes to see if we can figure it out or if it was just a fluke. Will post results later today.

Has anyone experienced this before? I searched this and BMW forums to no avail.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diablo

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
Damn, posted in wrong forum. Moving now ??

A90dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Good morning ladies and gents! Current Stage 2 power mods are just a VRSF catless downpipe and Ecutek dyno tune on 93 pump. Car feels amazing! Should've come this way from the factory.

Any way, to the point of the story. My buddy has all of the parts to go Stage 2 as well but hasn't pulled the trigger as of yet. We left a cars and coffee event and headed to a deserted part of the highway, he was in my car and I was in his because he wanted to feel the difference. He was blown away by the smoothness of the power delivery and the power itself. We switched back into our own cars as he wanted to hear my car's exhaust from behind. I was in 4th gear and initiated the rolling anti lag feature of the Ecutek (awesome!) as I'd done before. The car hit redline in 4th gear and instead of shifting, popped a Drivetrain Error - Continued Driving Possible code and stayed stuck in 4th. I could manually upshift on the dash display, but the transmission wouldn't change gears. Switched to Normal mode: Same. Pulled off the highway and let it idle down for a few minutes, put it into P just fine, shut it off for a minute, turned it back on and voila. started and went into gear like nothing had ever happened.

I'm taking it into my tuner today to see if he can pull any of the historic error codes to see if we can figure it out or if it was just a fluke. Will post results later today.

Has anyone experienced this before? I searched this and BMW forums to no avail.
I just had this happen to me today. I’m currently on an e50 tune. Has anyone figured this out?

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
If you plug in the ECUTEK dongle and connect to the app, are you seeing any codes?
Sponsored