Drivetrain Malfunction

818A90Supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 supra
Hey guys, so I’m sure many have had this issue, but I still can’t seem to find the solution to it, so I figured I’d explain it in my words. I purchased my tune through MHD, on stage 1+ it goes well, never had an issue with it. Then I upgraded my chargepipe and put downpipes and jumped on stage 2 and it always throws me the drivetrain malfunction code. I figured it was the tune so I hopped on a custom tune with a known tuner but we still run into the same issues, Is there any way to avoid that? It only does it on stage 2 on MHD and on the custom map, (Wedge), but when I go back to stage 1 it never throws it. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
Hey guys, so I’m sure many have had this issue, but I still can’t seem to find the solution to it, so I figured I’d explain it in my words. I purchased my tune through MHD, on stage 1+ it goes well, never had an issue with it. Then I upgraded my chargepipe and put downpipes and jumped on stage 2 and it always throws me the drivetrain malfunction code. I figured it was the tune so I hopped on a custom tune with a known tuner but we still run into the same issues, Is there any way to avoid that? It only does it on stage 2 on MHD and on the custom map, (Wedge), but when I go back to stage 1 it never throws it. Any suggestions?
Switch to Ecutek

nd19

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I’m running ets down pipe and catback. A charge pipe, CAI, pure800 upgrade and the Visconti flex fuel kit with a pro tune. Have the exact same message pop up and it seems like the car kind of cuts off some power or something maybe a safety measure. Not sure what it is

Waferz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra launch edition, 1993 rx7
I’m running ets down pipe and catback. A charge pipe, CAI, pure800 upgrade and the Visconti flex fuel kit with a pro tune. Have the exact same message pop up and it seems like the car kind of cuts off some power or something maybe a safety measure. Not sure what it is
Switch to Ecutek and have Marin tune the car and it will go away

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Can you consistently make this happen? If it happens under throttle this is in the tune and its something quite simple. Feel free to send me a log and I can try and take a look at it at some point today. I might actually start supporting some basic tuning on MHD here in the next month or so. But I haven't had the time to finish mapping out all of the definitions yet.
Sponsored