E85 sensor/boost gauge final product

theguysmiley

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, Nitro Yellow
Looks fantastic! Where did you source the A pillar mount?

OP
OP
Ankaragu

Ankaragu

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Looks fantastic! Where did you source the A pillar mount?
Thanks! was a pain but I love it! Picked it up from ortiz custom pods, fairly.Decent quality a little modification was required to get the gaugea to seat properly

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Just finished installing my twisted tuning E85 sensor, zeitronix gauge and a prosport boost gauge. Also changed the A pillar to suede and I'm very happy with the results.

20210228_141937.jpg
Looks great. The suede was a very nice touch. Thank you for your support. Enjoy

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
Andy is your gauge a mechanical style with an actual boost reference line coming into the cabin? I'm wanting to replicate this exact setup and wondering how hard it was to get that line into the cabin if so... Also wondering how you got the suede covering on so perfectly.

OP
OP
Ankaragu

Ankaragu

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Andy is your gauge a mechanical style with an actual boost reference line coming into the cabin? I'm wanting to replicate this exact setup and wondering how hard it was to get that line into the cabin if so... Also wondering how you got the suede covering on so perfectly.
The gauge is electrical its a Prosport JDM, i tapped into a Vargas Vacuum tee to a sender in the engine bay, which has a harness that i ran directly to the gauge. next to the master cylinder is an opening that leads into the footwell area for the driver. you can look at the installation manual for twisted tuning E85 kit as it will show exactly what I'm talking about. running the lines into the cabin are very straight forward. I used a suede flocking kit, its super easy to use and gives a great finish.

http://www.flockit.com/index.php/products/suede-tex/mini-flocker-kits.html

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
Awesome, thanks for clarifying. I found a P3 Boost Tap kit that I guess I could also use. Regarding the suede flocking kit, I've never heard of that but I now see how the coverage is so even so well done sir. Pretty sure I'm going with this exact setup, its a shame there was no provision from the factory to monitor boost, at least that I'm aware of.

OP
OP
Ankaragu

Ankaragu

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Awesome, thanks for clarifying. I found a P3 Boost Tap kit that I guess I could also use. Regarding the suede flocking kit, I've never heard of that but I now see how the coverage is so even so well done sir. Pretty sure I'm going with this exact setup, its a shame there was no provision from the factory to monitor boost, at least that I'm aware of.
Yeah not a problem, if you have any questions feel free to ask. They most definitely dropped the ball on a few parts of the car but overall its a simple project so long as you plan it out before hand. it looks like the P3 tap is essentially the same as Vargas so it would work.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
What fuses or wires did you tap into for the power/illumination/constant 12v for the boost gauge?

OP
OP
Ankaragu

Ankaragu

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
I'll double check the exact fuse numbers tommorow and let you know, I don't remember off the top of my head.
What fuses or wires did you tap into for the power/illumination/constant 12v for the boost gauge?

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Anyone else install a boost or other gauge? Trying to see if anyone has easy wire or fuse tap locations for the constant power, accessories power and illumination wiring? Thanks.

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Yup, I'm interested in this same thing. How the hell did this thing not come with a factory display for boost.
Sponsored

Last edited: