Easy air intake resonator delete (keep stock look)

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, the easiest way to delete the stock air box “resonator” (make it not functional) is to follow the steps in the video by Verus but instead of putting the cap where the air box resonator goes, use a cork from a wine bottle to plug up that hole. Then put it all back on the car (the same steps to take it off but in reverse, obviously) and you now have that air box resonator not functional, but still being able to maintain the stock look.

I did this because I don’t like the big hole in the engine bay when physically removing that air box resonator. Plus it keeps more of a stealthy/stock look for Californians like myself.
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Agree. I'd replace the cork with a rubber stopper.

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
APanoMKV

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a sound clip of that air box resonator delete with an ftp intake pipe to delete that second intake resonator. It’s a bit louder in person and has the same loudness when in sport mode, although the exhaust would make it so the camera couldn’t catch the intake noises as well. Also it is louder than that when flooring it. Other mods are an acrapovic exhaust (catless) and pure800 if that matters. Even before the turbo upgrade the intake sounded like that.

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
whats the exact benefit of this (except less noise)? does it effect the performance on a stock or tuned car ?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
What diameter rubber stopper is recommended.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Hi all, the easiest way to delete the stock air box “resonator” (make it not functional) is to follow the steps in the video by Verus but instead of putting the cap where the air box resonator goes, use a cork from a wine bottle to plug up that hole. Then put it all back on the car (the same steps to take it off but in reverse, obviously) and you now have that air box resonator not functional, but still being able to maintain the stock look.

I did this because I don’t like the big hole in the engine bay when physically removing that air box resonator. Plus it keeps more of a stealthy/stock look for Californians like myself.
Personally, I’d spend the $35 for the Verus cap. The cork will just look hacked IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
APanoMKV

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I’d spend the $35 for the Verus cap. The cork will just look hacked IMO.
I personally don’t like the huge gap that is present with the verus cap. At the end of the day you won’t see the cork assuming you put the stock resonator back as I did. Just for the stock look while removing its functionality.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I personally don’t like the huge gap that is present with the verus cap. At the end of the day you won’t see the cork assuming you put the stock resonator back as I did. Just for the stock look while removing its functionality.
Actually the empty space will be a good place to add a AOS or Oil catch can. Also you can view the Verus turbo heat shield if you installed one.

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Actually the empty space will be a good place to add a AOS or Oil catch can. Also you can view the Verus turbo heat shield if you installed one.
Exactly what I did. The Toyota air box is actually not a bad design. Get rid of the resonator, remove the foam baffling, and get an AFE high flow filter. I added a Verus shield and a Forge separator. Looks great. I honestly think the Toyota air box is flowing as much as an intake, but don't have data on that. See several guys running like this.

I sold my Injen and made this mod. The AM intakes use up a lot more space. Except for the CF ones that are crazy money.

A12EFB29-2DE0-46CA-A18E-C874D480C1D7.jpeg
Sponsored