Ecu help

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum so please bare with me. I’m in desperate need for a new or after market ecu for my 2020 Supra. The story behind that is I shipped my ecu with fedex via express to AutoTalent try to get it unlock and tune but unfortunately fedex delivered it to a wrong address and now I’m waiting for them to try to find it which I doubt it that they are because it has been almost a month already and still hear nothing from them. I never ship anything before so I didn’t purchase insurance for it either. To make the story short, well right now no Toyota dealership in the US selling the new ECU for some reason. I found some used ones online but contacted the dealership and they won’t do a reprogram I guess they don’t want to be reliable on the ecu that was once assigned to another car. So I’m really stuck here if fedex cannot find my ecu, I have no other choice but waiting for the dealership to sell ECU again and who knows when that going to happen. Does anybody on here knows whoever that could do a reprogram a used ecu please help me, I don’t mind an aftermarket either like AEM or something like that. I just bought my car 2 weeks and all this happens. Thank you in advance for you help and I really appreciated
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum so please bare with me. I’m in desperate need for a new or after market ecu for my 2020 Supra. The story behind that is I shipped my ecu with fedex via express to AutoTalent try to get it unlock and tune but unfortunately fedex delivered it to a wrong address and now I’m waiting for them to try to find it which I doubt it that they are because it has been almost a month already and still hear nothing from them. I never ship anything before so I didn’t purchase insurance for it either. To make the story short, well right now no Toyota dealership in the US selling the new ECU for some reason. I found some used ones online but contacted the dealership and they won’t do a reprogram I guess they don’t want to be reliable on the ecu that was once assigned to another car. So I’m really stuck here if fedex cannot find my ecu, I have no other choice but waiting for the dealership to sell ECU again and who knows when that going to happen. Does anybody on here knows whoever that could do a reprogram a used ecu please help me, I don’t mind an aftermarket either like AEM or something like that. I just bought my car 2 weeks and all this happens. Thank you in advance for you help and I really appreciated

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Thats BS toyota can reprogram it. I had my ECU replaced and they had no problem getting it to sync with my car. Hope that helps.

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Thats BS toyota can reprogram it. I had my ECU replaced and they had no problem getting it to sync with my car. Hope that helps.
I’ve tried several different dealership. Of course they can program it, but they only program on a new ecu, not a used one. I’m sure they don’t want to be liable for this

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I’m in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
someone selling a used 2020 ECU on facebook MKV sales forum for $800 if you can find someone to make it work for you

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You probably going to need to tow your car to the dealership and have them reprogram your ecu with the car there. I doubt they will send somebody to your house to program the ecu with your car.

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hi, thank you all for replying to my post. I talked to several Toyota dealerships and they do not do reprogram on a used ecu but they do program the new one because the used ecu is already assigned to a vin number. They don’t want to be liable bc of the warranty issue. Right now no Toyota dealership selling new ecu. I don’t mind my vehicle to be towed if someone can do it but not too far. I’m talking about 4-5 hours drive is ok

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Damn, im in NY. can't really help from here.
Hi, at this point, I don’t think I have a choice but to ship out my car. If you could do it, can you help me please? I’m willing to ship it to where you at. I have an used ecu on hand. Thanks

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
This is insane, I would flip out if a carrier lost the ECU to my car. Best of luck OP.

-RJM

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Hi, at this point, I don’t think I have a choice but to ship out my car. If you could do it, can you help me please? I’m willing to ship it to where you at. I have an used ecu on hand. Thanks
my apologies, im just seeing this. This is a tough situation. I would definitely need the car in person to even attempt this. The dealer is correct about the VIN. dealer tools wont change VINs. even when we do ECU swap upgrades on the older BMW's if a used ECU is being swapped to, that VIN is not what comes up for programming and etc. For some its no issue. But for a newer car, its a bit more tricky.

Normally it would be easy if the other ecu was there. i could clone it.

It's been a bit since i been in this thread. Are you still out an ECU? The courier should have covered the cost of the lost package. SO your dealer is saying that they cant get an ECU?

OP
OP

Jphung

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
my apologies, im just seeing this. This is a tough situation. I would definitely need the car in person to even attempt this. The dealer is correct about the VIN. dealer tools wont change VINs. even when we do ECU swap upgrades on the older BMW's if a used ECU is being swapped to, that VIN is not what comes up for programming and etc. For some its no issue. But for a newer car, its a bit more tricky.

Normally it would be easy if the other ecu was there. i could clone it.

It's been a bit since i been in this thread. Are you still out an ECU? The courier should have covered the cost of the lost package. SO your dealer is saying that they cant get an ECU?
Hi Twist Tuning, the dealer doesn’t have a new ECU to sell and I don’t understand that either. So I did purchase a used ECU already and still looking to get it reprogram to work with my car. I have the ECU in hand and ready to ship it out and even the car if anybody can do it. Unfortunately it was my first time shipping out thru fedex and I didn’t purchase an insurance for it. I did file a claim with fedex but I heard they only pay for $100 for lost package. At this point, I’m not even worry about the situation with fedex, I just need to get it back running again. Can you look into it to see what you can do please? Like I said I’m willing to ship my vehicle out . Thank you Twist
Sponsored