EcuTek my 1 Month review

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
So it’s been about a month since I first loaded Ecutek onto my Supra and let me tell you its been one hell of a month.

My Mods: Titan Downpipe and AFE drop in filter

My initial impressions can be found here. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ecutek-tuning-stage-1-2-tuning-91-93-e30-tunes-now-available.4959/

So one month in what has changed good bad. General questions I've been asked about what is ecutek.

I’ve bounced from a few maps e30-e50 maps, mainly, and quite a few revisions as the platform grows and so does the data allowing Tuners such as mine (@Marin@GoodSpeed ) to use that data and build better and more efficient maps. What’s this mean for the end user, you and me? A Smile you can’t wipe off your face every time you drive the car. OEM like driveability with an insane feeling of power behind it.

The Good: Power is insane, Driveability is not compromised, and you know that feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins giving you that heart pumping laugh/grin, well it happens every time I press the gas.

SMOOTH I can’t reiterate that the car feels OEM. I tend to refer to Marin’s tuning as OEM+++

Same ASTOUNDING customer service I’ve had from the start, I feel like this man would be tired of hearing or talking about the Supra and its capabilities, but Marin has been nothing but stand up honest and extremely communicative.

Honestly haven’t had much trouble or anything bad to say about ECUTEK aside from the app timing out when switching out of the app and back in and the only way for me to reconnect and get the obd2 data is to turn the car off and back on again ( this is on an Android phone S20 Ultra)

General Questions I’ve been asked in the month that I’ve had it.
Price: Prices vary by tuner they’ve all set their own, Remember this is a Custom Tune not an off the shelf tune. OTS tunes are great baselines for cars, baselines...

It’s not the cheapest option out there but you really do get what you pay for.

Experience setting the car up to be tuned: Pretty simple and the first time loading a tune onto the vehicle will take about 10-15 minutes. Ecutek OBD2 bluetooth adapter into obd2> plug in usb cable into the adapter and then into your laptop> identify vehicle> unlock> program ecu.
After the first time doing it I can load a tune in about a minute.

User Friendly: Everything is very straightforward and easy to use Data Logging is as easy as pressing a button in the app.

Comparing it to other tunes:

This is where things get a bit unfair, But i feel like I have a pretty good understanding on how to answer this. I’ve had JB4, great for what it is, he provides great support and for a piggy back it's awesome. It really feels like it adds power, but I felt like I was lying to the car kind of overriding some of the precautions the car comes with to make sure everything is safe. So I switched to an ECU tune. I used BM3, an OTS tune. Again the car felt great at the time I used it. Fast had great power and I felt a little more at ease knowing the car was getting all the correct data it needed to to perform at that level.

Now that I’m on Ecutek, I would never go back to anything else. You never know what you're missing until you have it and this is head over heels better in any way you can think of except you can’t flash maps from your phone.

All in all the experience has been amazing. The car is a different beast and I can’t wait to drive it everyday. Thank you again Ecutek I can’t wait to see what your bringing to the platform ( oh yea I forgot to add that the tuning suite is still being developed growing and becoming more powerful Fingers crossed RACEROM comes soon)

Marin is killing it! I know I already gave this man props but he made my decision so much easier and knowing he's behind what he does gives me great peace of mind.

20200324_121954.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Great stuff! I'm still on OTS, once I grab some parts, I'll venture into custom tunes. Would be awesome to know BM3 custom vs EcuTek custom.

It's awesome that you're super enthusiastic, however, by creating separate threads, you're making it difficult for people to follow.
Was about to ask what mods you have, looked at the link you posted and your other posts to find your mods...
I'm not a mod or anything, but can I kindly ask of you to either add links or edit your previous posts (title and content can be edited) so that all information remains in 1 single thread?
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/goodspeed-performance-e50-ecutek-beta-does-how-much.4778/

OP
OP
iceman21_23

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
Great stuff! I'm still on OTS, once I grab some parts, I'll venture into custom tunes. Would be awesome to know BM3 custom vs EcuTek custom.

It's awesome that you're super enthusiastic, however, by creating separate threads, you're making it difficult for people to follow.
Was about to ask what mods you have, looked at the link you posted and your other posts to find your mods...
I'm not a mod or anything, but can I kindly ask of you to either add links or edit your previous posts (title and content can be edited) so that all information remains in 1 single thread?
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/goodspeed-performance-e50-ecutek-beta-does-how-much.4778/
Unfortunately I didn't actually create the other thread simply posted in it but If I update this again I'll be sure to use this thread

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
So it’s been about a month since I first loaded Ecutek onto my Supra and let me tell you its been one hell of a month.

My Mods: Titan Downpipe and AFE drop in filter

My initial impressions can be found here. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/ecutek-tuning-stage-1-2-tuning-91-93-e30-tunes-now-available.4959/

So one month in what has changed good bad. General questions I've been asked about what is ecutek.

I’ve bounced from a few maps e30-e50 maps, mainly, and quite a few revisions as the platform grows and so does the data allowing Tuners such as mine (@Marin@GoodSpeed ) to use that data and build better and more efficient maps. What’s this mean for the end user, you and me? A Smile you can’t wipe off your face every time you drive the car. OEM like driveability with an insane feeling of power behind it.

The Good: Power is insane, Driveability is not compromised, and you know that feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins giving you that heart pumping laugh/grin, well it happens every time I press the gas.

SMOOTH I can’t reiterate that the car feels OEM. I tend to refer to Marin’s tuning as OEM+++

Same ASTOUNDING customer service I’ve had from the start, I feel like this man would be tired of hearing or talking about the Supra and its capabilities, but Marin has been nothing but stand up honest and extremely communicative.

Honestly haven’t had much trouble or anything bad to say about ECUTEK aside from the app timing out when switching out of the app and back in and the only way for me to reconnect and get the obd2 data is to turn the car off and back on again ( this is on an Android phone S20 Ultra)

General Questions I’ve been asked in the month that I’ve had it.
Price: Prices vary by tuner they’ve all set their own, Remember this is a Custom Tune not an off the shelf tune. OTS tunes are great baselines for cars, baselines...

It’s not the cheapest option out there but you really do get what you pay for.

Experience setting the car up to be tuned: Pretty simple and the first time loading a tune onto the vehicle will take about 10-15 minutes. Ecutek OBD2 bluetooth adapter into obd2> plug in usb cable into the adapter and then into your laptop> identify vehicle> unlock> program ecu.
After the first time doing it I can load a tune in about a minute.

User Friendly: Everything is very straightforward and easy to use Data Logging is as easy as pressing a button in the app.

Comparing it to other tunes:

This is where things get a bit unfair, But i feel like I have a pretty good understanding on how to answer this. I’ve had JB4, great for what it is, he provides great support and for a piggy back it's awesome. It really feels like it adds power, but I felt like I was lying to the car kind of overriding some of the precautions the car comes with to make sure everything is safe. So I switched to an ECU tune. I used BM3, an OTS tune. Again the car felt great at the time I used it. Fast had great power and I felt a little more at ease knowing the car was getting all the correct data it needed to to perform at that level.

Now that I’m on Ecutek, I would never go back to anything else. You never know what you're missing until you have it and this is head over heels better in any way you can think of except you can’t flash maps from your phone.

All in all the experience has been amazing. The car is a different beast and I can’t wait to drive it everyday. Thank you again Ecutek I can’t wait to see what your bringing to the platform ( oh yea I forgot to add that the tuning suite is still being developed growing and becoming more powerful Fingers crossed RACEROM comes soon)

Marin is killing it! I know I already gave this man props but he made my decision so much easier and knowing he's behind what he does gives me great peace of mind.

20200324_121954.jpg
Im about to switch over to ECUTEK tomorrow. I have a catted DP and panel filter and the custom tune sucks under load. My Tuner assured me and PROMISED me that the ECUTEK is now the wat to go. I track my car (Roadrace) so throttle application is important..meaning by modulations.
How is your tune holding up and is it really smooth in every gear through out the rev range?

OP
OP
iceman21_23

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
Im about to switch over to ECUTEK tomorrow. I have a catted DP and panel filter and the custom tune sucks under load. My Tuner assured me and PROMISED me that the ECUTEK is now the wat to go. I track my car (Roadrace) so throttle application is important..meaning by modulations.
How is your tune holding up and is it really smooth in every gear through out the rev range?
Yes Marins tune is fantastic zero issues smooth throught the rev range. It all depends on your tuner

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Would there be a true advantage to go from MHD stage 2 OTS maps? I have a decent investment in MHD (wifi adapter, maps, logging) and would hate to flush it all for something which wouldn't be significantly better.

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Would there be a true advantage to go from MHD stage 2 OTS maps? I have a decent investment in MHD (wifi adapter, maps, logging) and would hate to flush it all for something which wouldn't be significantly better.
My guess is right now.....no

Maybe even No when Ecutek releases Phase 1 RaceRom (usually map switching, flex fuel tables)

Eventually though, if they keep progressing like they did with the GTR platform Ecutek just can't be beat unless you go full standalone. By the time they released RaceRom v5 for the GTR it was just such a powerful platform. On the fly map switching, flex fuel abilities, rolling launch control, improved standard launch control, extra tables for tuners to start building their own and significantly improved traction control logic, boost by gear, on the fly launch control rpm amounts, transmission tuning....it was just insane

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Yes Marins tune is fantastic zero issues smooth throught the rev range. It all depends on your tuner
Got mine switched over to Ecutek today and holycrap car is crazy good!!!!!! smooth and as perfect as it can come from factory!

OP
OP
iceman21_23

iceman21_23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Absolute Zero Supra
The fire doesnt stop! With no traction (oem tires) 11.2 was my best time but the trap speed on my last run... 126 mickey thompsons are on the way!
IMG_20200509_012033_299.jpg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
The fire doesnt stop! With no traction (oem tires) 11.2 was my best time but the trap speed on my last run... 126 mickey thompsons are on the way!
IMG_20200509_012033_299.jpg
Great runs man!!

HATED1

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
86, 370z, 350z, 240sx
Hello guys! Question for you all on the Ecutek tune. Does your A90 shift faster to the next gear when using it in automatic? For example, when crusing up to 30 mph, you are already in 3rd or 4th? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Darth

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 S2k, 09 Aerorace, 07 Y61, 14 1500 Denali
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys! Question for you all on the Ecutek tune. Does your A90 shift faster to the next gear when using it in automatic? For example, when crusing up to 30 mph, you are already in 3rd or 4th? Any feedback would be much appreciated!
If you mean short shifting during cursing in comfort mode then yes, and its very annoying since it will shift into 7th and 8th gear way earlier than anticipated/wanted.