ecutek unlock dme vs bootmod

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
hey I have my car DME bench unlocked on bootmod it this case if I switch to ecutek do I need another DME unlock ?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
hey I have my car DME bench unlocked on bootmod it this case if I switch to ecutek do I need another DME unlock ?
I don’t think so. That’s like having a lock
Shouod be fine

Markysupra

First Name
Marky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
As per tuner from CES you would need to go back lock ecu, and Ecutek would have to do separate unlock. MHD and BM3 are interchangable and can use same bench unlock.

SleakMK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
CES is wrong about this unless something has changed in the last year. I've seen videos restating what they've been told but I've had a different experience. I personally got bench unlocked for bootmod and later switched over to Ecutek. Ecutek only required a software unlock (within their free software) and doesn't require another bench unlock if previously performed. I seem to remember there was an option when I removed bootmod, to hard relock the DME but did not select that. I don't remember all the steps on that but I think that is where you could screw yourself if the wrong option is selected. Been running Ecutek for over a year and only had one bench unlock.
Sponsored