Email from Toyota about test drives: Have your say survey / UK Test Drive Event Announced

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Hey All

Just got this email from Toyota. Looks like if enough of us vote they will put on a track day for test drives! Its up to us to choose though, so vote wisely brothers. A link in the survey takes you to a small quiz asking:

Q1 Time of day: Morning, afternoon or early evening (I choose Morning)
Q2 Are you willing to travel to a test drive? (I choose Yes)
Q3 Drive alone or bring a friend? (I choose bring a friend)
Q4 Road drive or Race track (I Choose race track)

Have your say

Would you rather take the All New Toyota GR Supra for a spin along the winding country roads? Or put it to the test on a race track? We're planning something special for customers who have reserved a Supra, that includes you, and we want to hear your feedback to help us shape the event.

Simply answer the questions in this email, and we'll then compile all of your responses to find the most popular combinations, while you sit back, relax and keep an eye out for a special invitation coming your way soon...
Sponsored

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Got my email for that as well. Chose Afternoon, Yes, Bring Someone and Road.

Was really torn between road and track but in the end decided a day driving country roads in the Supra will be a good indicator of what it will be like where I'll be driving it most, plus if we travel could be up in the Scottish Highlands or the hills in Wales or something which would be awesome. At the same time though I wouldn't be disappointed in a track driving experience!

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
US market folks or Euro/Uk folks should be getting these emails? Because last time I checked there is no infrastructure for reservations in the US...

OP
OP
Webweasel

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
US market folks or Euro/Uk folks should be getting these emails? Because last time I checked there is no infrastructure for reservations in the US...
UK here. Can't comment on any other countries. It does feel that the UK has been treated as a first launch country by Toyota though. Our reservation waiting list went up last year.

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
Chose Afternoon, Yes, Bring Someone and Track.
Hope they do something a bit similar to Jaguar performance days where you can get to take the cars on the road and round the track. Would be nice to track it as will be predominantly road driving I do when I get it.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
UK here.
Morning
Yes
Friend
Track

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Pretty sure this is U.K. only currently.

Got my email through, once Iā€™ve done this drive Iā€™ll be getting my refund

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Afternoon
Friend
Track

Is what I went for - mainly as have no desire to buy the car, but wouldn't mind a trackday for free :)

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
Bit of a faf having it so far south and living in Scotland... And a Monday-Tuesday isn't that convenient as now I'll have to cancel like 30+ patients to make it down.

Oh well, if that's the only opportunity to test it out then that's what it will have to be for me. That sucks about being in holiday, surely there will be another opportunity for you, maybe a more local drive?

OP
OP
Webweasel

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Phew. The "not knowing" wait is over. Now what am I gonna do to keep myself occupied for the next 2 months.

Still great news.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was rather pissed off that it's a Monday ... Then realised it's at Thruxton and right next to where I work!

Was going to fall for my deposit back, but will do the track day first then get the money back.

neilf

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman T, 2019 VW Up GTi
Money back for me too. Ordered another new Cayman instead. Went to Geneva to see the Supra and really liked it but my OPC offered a deal I couldnā€™t refuse on a new 718.

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Money back for me too. Ordered another new Cayman instead. Went to Geneva to see the Supra and really liked it but my OPC offered a deal I couldnā€™t refuse on a new 718.
What kind of deal did you get??

Went to my OPC, not much by way of offerings on a 718 :(
Sponsored