Every New Supra comes with One Year NASA Membership

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
Apologies if this is a repost but i couldnt find it anywhere else. I was watching a video by roadshow(CNET) where the reviewer mentioned that the new Supra would come with a free NASA membership and a track day. So i did some searching and I found it mentioned again here:
https://papamarseck.com/2020-toyota-supra-first-drive-review-better-in-almost-every-way/

"Perhaps the best news about Supra’s on-track performance is that Toyota legitimately wants you to sample it for yourself. Every new Supra purchased this year comes with a membership to NASA (no, not that NASA, this NASA) and a free track day, too. Go get some!"

If true, this is wonderful.
Sponsored

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they mentioned this in the press briefing they gave us. Not sure what all the details are, but I'm sure we'll know more closer to launch. Dealers are getting trained at the end of June so that's probably when we'll get all the relevant info.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
in the US, is warranty covered for race tracks?

Only a few manufacturers offer that in Au (Porsche and AMG IIRC)

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
in the US, is warranty covered for race tracks?

Only a few manufacturers offer that in Au (Porsche and AMG IIRC)
Prob not. I haven't read a full warranty agreement by Toyota but I feel like this won't be any different from their standard warranty, which I'm sure voids warranty for off-road/racing use.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
Your warrenty would only be void if you have a part failure on track and then try to get it repaired and make the dumb ass mistake of mentioning it happened on a race track.

I live next to a race track. Some people remove their license plates at track days so if any pics of their car get posted online and the dealer goes snooping while investigating a repair claim, they can't proove it was them.

Curious if modern bmws keep a GPS log of where they've been for the last couple weeks or so and if dealers can access that info. I know the GTR in Japan actually detected when the car entered a race track via GPS coordinates and did some stuff, like turning off the speed limiter etc. Maybe flipped a void warranty flag too lol. I doubt they would do anything like that here though, I think that was just to get around Japan's crazy speed limiters.

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
Curious if modern bmws keep a GPS log of where they've been for the last couple weeks or so and if dealers can access that info.
I have not heard of any BMW's having this, and I frequent the forums every day.

POS VETT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Tacoma SR 4X4 V6, '20 Terrain SLE, '11 370Z Sport, '9 Eclipse GS, 8 Corvette Z06
Several years ago, I bought a '12 Mustang BOSS 302 and it came with a driving school at Miller Motorsports Park (now it's Utah Motorsports Campus). The school sessions and the vehicle were provided by Ford and transportation and lodging were my responsibility. It was definitely fun.

OP
OP

elpadrino

First Name
eL
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
Yeah, they mentioned this in the press briefing they gave us. Not sure what all the details are, but I'm sure we'll know more closer to launch. Dealers are getting trained at the end of June so that's probably when we'll get all the relevant info.
I'm not sure if it's simply because Toyota knows this car will sell out in 2019 and maybe 2020 but they're definitely doing a terrible job with getting the info out. This is a nice perk.

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
This includes discounts and one free HPDE. So I can assume that taking the car to the track will not void my warranty correct?

I mean the give you a free ticket. I know with my Lexus and old 86 the warranty excluded such activities.

Thoughts.

https://www.toyota.com/gr-supra/gr-supra-features/technology

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord
Apologies if this is a repost but i couldnt find it anywhere else. I was watching a video by roadshow(CNET) where the reviewer mentioned that the new Supra would come with a free NASA membership and a track day. So i did some searching and I found it mentioned again here:
https://papamarseck.com/2020-toyota-supra-first-drive-review-better-in-almost-every-way/

"Perhaps the best news about Supra’s on-track performance is that Toyota legitimately wants you to sample it for yourself. Every new Supra purchased this year comes with a membership to NASA (no, not that NASA, this NASA) and a free track day, too. Go get some!"

If true, this is wonderful.
That's awesome! Toyota USA really are bad at letting us know about this stuff

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
Can someone verify tracking car won’t void warranty?