Everything wrong with my car

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
At the time of post the car is ~17k miles, in use for almost 2 y ears.

So I've got some issues that I want to see if I'm alone on, at this point I want to just give the car to a dealer for warranty coverage but I'd fear they'll take the car for 1-3 months, so any input on warranty or service in general also appreciated.

1. Whining when the car is applying brake pressure. Only happens when the car is braking while moving or stationary, there is a high pitched whine. If I'm at a stop light and the car is applying brake pressure, I can get the whine to turn off and on by applying the brake or releasing (Unclear if it's actually brake pressure or just the brake switch but close enough it doesn't matter). Seems to be slightly varying based on temperature, but consistent since I first got the car. I fear parts shortages could cause the car to be kept at the dealer, could they order parts for this and let me keep driving the car?

2. Speaker causing vibration, inside one of these 2 panels
I've gotten it to go away by bumping the panels, but it comes back, would this even be covered by warranty? Regardless of warranty, if anyone knows how to get these panels off I'll take a look myself, this is the one that's going to put me over the edge and take the car in otherwise, I have to skip half my music currently that has a ~100hz beat.

3. Both front suspension dust shields seem to have fallen off their bottom mount
this might be due to some nasty speed bumps I drive over, haven't done any research into fixing it.

4. Drivers seat heater has never worked, the lights just turn off after a few moments. I sometimes get it to try, I have smelled "heater smell" as if I was heating the coil for the first time (or first in a long time, it's been an issue for at least 8 months), this is one I also fear parts shortages could cause the car to be kept at the dealer, could they order parts for this and let me keep driving the car?

5. Passenger window switch jams / sticks when pressed all the way down.

Edit: forgot one started recently

6. Car RPM looks stable on tach, but I can hear a sine wave style throttle pulsing, like something is fluctuating in the car to maintain speed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
bring it in and hopefully they won't be able to fix the heated seats after 3 attempts. You can then lemon law the car and get a 2023 MT Supra

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I have issue #5 as well. However, I find it my passengers problem and not mine so not taking it in any time soon.

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
The first issue happens regularly for me, but seems to only happen when the brakes are cold when pulling out of the garage, then goes away after a bit.

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT, Camry, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, MR2
So I've got some issues that I want to see if I'm alone on, at this point I want to just give the car to a dealer for warranty coverage but I'd fear they'll take the car for 1-3 months, so any input on warranty or service in general also appreciated.

1. Whining when the car is applying brake pressure. Only happens when the car is braking while moving or stationary, there is a high pitched whine. If I'm at a stop light and the car is applying brake pressure, I can get the whine to turn off and on by applying the brake or releasing (Unclear if it's actually brake pressure or just the brake switch but close enough it doesn't matter). Seems to be slightly varying based on temperature, but consistent since I first got the car. I fear parts shortages could cause the car to be kept at the dealer, could they order parts for this and let me keep driving the car?

2. Speaker causing vibration, inside one of these 2 panels
I've gotten it to go away by bumping the panels, but it comes back, would this even be covered by warranty? Regardless of warranty, if anyone knows how to get these panels off I'll take a look myself, this is the one that's going to put me over the edge and take the car in otherwise, I have to skip half my music currently that has a ~100hz beat.

3. Both front suspension dust shields seem to have fallen off their bottom mount
this might be due to some nasty speed bumps I drive over, haven't done any research into fixing it.

4. Drivers seat heater has never worked, the lights just turn off after a few moments. I sometimes get it to try, I have smelled "heater smell" as if I was heating the coil for the first time (or first in a long time, it's been an issue for at least 8 months), this is one I also fear parts shortages could cause the car to be kept at the dealer, could they order parts for this and let me keep driving the car?

5. Passenger window switch jams / sticks when pressed all the way down.
Ok, first off for potential warranty coverage we need to know Date of first Use and Mileage, and VIN would never hurt.

Issue one - Get that checked out. A whining sound while braking and stationary could be a brake booster, booster line, or vacuum pump. The Vacuum pumps on our cars are also part of the oil pump. I'd wager a booster line, but only a proper inspection would find out, but considering this is the braking system I'd put this as priority.

Issue two - Yes rattling speakers can be covered by warranty, but only the 3 year/36k mile warranty, or a platinum extended warranty if you purchased it. The key here is does the rattle happen on any other Supra during the same songs? If so then so repair would not likely be made under warranty as it could be considered a typically operation. Sorry I've never taken these panels off so I dont know how they come off, but most interior stuff is pretty simple, just hidden screws and clips.

Issue 3 - These boots are SUPER easy to reinstall, just pull them down and that clip over the lip on the white component under them. During the PDS these boots need to be pulled up to remove shipping blocks, it is very possible they were not reinstalled properly or at all.

Issue 4 and 5 - No experience with these parts, sorry. These parts would be covered under 3 year / 36k mile warranty or the platinum VSA as long as its not found to be "Outside influence." If these repairs were to be done under warranty, yes the dealer can order parts under warranty then have you return when they arrive if they are not available. Honestly having a Supra be taken when parts are back order its preferred, these cars do no like to sit and dealers do not want to deal with the head ache of a Supra that stay for months on end.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I like this game. My turn

My Supra has the trunk release flopping around all the time
Cracked windshield spanning across completely, horizontally
Cruise control broke af
Backup camera broke af
Can’t turn off lane departure warning
Apple carplay disconnects every once in a while
Boost gauges shut off randomly
Screen turns off if the cabin temp gets too hot
Flex fuel ethanol gauge sometimes bounces around (might be bad fuel)
Door wrap bubbles due to rain water

Edit: radio cuts in and out every handful of seconds

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xproplayer

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
added a new issue that I've confirmed keeps happening:

6. Car RPM looks stable on tach, but I can hear a sine wave style throttle pulsing, like something is fluctuating in the car to maintain speed, I can't even move my foot on the pedal that fast, but it'd be like if someone was just constantly on and off throttle, happens in the 2-3k rpm range since thats where cruise control keeps the car in sport.

Maybe I have a vacuum line issue causing this and the car brake force noise? Not sure.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I'll play. Now that I've taken the majority of the interior out of my car and installed stiffer transmission and differential mounts, I can hear the whining of the planetary gear and differential all the time. I'm going to try and do a warranty claim.

HAL 9000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
I'll play. Now that I've taken the majority of the interior out of my car and installed stiffer transmission and differential mounts, I can hear the whining of the planetary gear and differential all the time. I'm going to try and do a warranty claim.
this is hilarious. Bring your car to my shop and see how fast you don’t get shit. How do you expect Toyota to warranty anything?

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
The planetary diff whine is an acquired taste, but it's some race car shit and I love it.

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
ok I will contribute a problem 
 The emergency call malfunction message is always displayed cannot read mileage or anything else that is there at this point I have forgotten anyway what it is supposed to show

this is completely my fault because I stripped the car

i also get about 11 warnings I need to dismiss everything I start and I can’t measure my oil anymore 

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
11 warnings I need to dismiss everything I start and I can’t measure my oil anymore 

sammme. Big pain. What codes do you get?
I get driver assist failure, camera malfunction, backup camera error, low tire pressure, and sometimes oil level low

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I still have under 1k miles, so not much for me. Lots of noises but I added SPL noise enhancers, so I was expecting that. Steering and brakes feel incredible but I added stuff for that too. My AppleCar play goes out sometimes. I learned not to erase and discover my iPhone again. Just a waste of time. The car eventually finds it again and doesn’t happen too often. My CEL comes on and off despite bid daddy’s mini CAT claiming that wouldn’t happen. But it does go off sometimes and I know what it‘s from. Then I drive it on the track and OMG, I forget the car has any quirks at all
 I begin to obsess again on more things I want to buy, dress her up with and make her even better & faster on track.

Definitely take it to a dealer and ensure it’s safe and you are satisfied, under warrantee. Then use your free track day if you haven’t already. It’s such a joy dude!
Sponsored