Excessively loud exhaust system - Primary Offense in VA July 1

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
https://www.arlnow.com/2022/06/24/loud-cars-loud-cars-acpd-is-coming-for-you-eventually/

“It’s important to note that the language of the legislation has not changed,” Savage said. “The provision restricting officers from stopping a vehicle for this violation is being removed effective July 1, 2022 which will essentially move this to a primary offense, rather than a secondary offense.”

I'll be interested to see how this will be enforced. Specifically, is a stock Supra in sport mode a "loud, modified exhaust system" that can be pulled over as a primary offense?
Sponsored

FnkDrSpok

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra Prem
Man, I just got my exhaust installed. What is considered loud? I can domestics in my area from blocks away (Maryland), I know my Supra isn’t that loud but I’d imagine I can still get this ticket as well in va?

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I mean stock mustang Exhausts are loud on some of the newer models. I hear VA is more strict with cars than CA.

Hopefully this becomes like CA where these laws are in place, but unless you get a officer looking to get people or are acting a fool, won't really matter.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yup, you're screwed...time to start using a trailer to get the Supra to the track, lol.
yep….

maybe if I drive really really fast to the track they won’t even see me!

OP
OP
SupraDC

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My fear is this becomes the new "I smelled weed" or "those windows are too tinted".
A free pullover to go on a fishing expedition.
Sponsored