Exhaust flap always open with engine on

dethred

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, 2004 Honda S2000 (Supercharged), 2004 Honda S2000, 2018 Ford Raptor
Last thread I promise.😅

Got a revised bracket from Titan motorsports for their new titanium exhaust flap. Exhaust flap closes fully when the engine is off. Exhaust is always open when the motor is on, no matter what mode I'm in, nor anything I try to do. I'm desperate to be able to quiet the car down a bit when not pushing it.

I've tried two separate actuators, and nothing seems to work. Tried the JB4 flap control and it activates signal lights on the dash, but the valve doesn't shut in any mode.

I did get a CEL for the actuator when the old bracket was installed and it couldn't close all the way.

Any ideas? Is there a way to reset it or anything??

SmartSelect_20210119-172116_Gallery.jpg

XtremeMaC

First Name
MaC
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 GT86 _____2020 Supra
So, this a separate actuator motor than the OEM? Don't know their design to speak intelligently and I'm sure you thought of this, but can't you use the OEM one?

OP

dethred

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, 2004 Honda S2000 (Supercharged), 2004 Honda S2000, 2018 Ford Raptor
So, this a separate actuator motor than the OEM? Don't know their design to speak intelligently and I'm sure you thought of this, but can't you use the OEM one?
Flap/valve is part of the Titan motorsports exhaust, the electrical actuator is the stock one, and I've tried two separate oem actuators...

Advertisement

Advertisement