Exhaust Rattling :/

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
This rattling just started appearing randomly, every time i do a cold start the exhaust has a huge rattling noise, but once the engine starts to get warmed it goes away. I can also hear it sometimes once I come into a complete stop then start accelerating. What you guys think?

Running AMS catted DP, tune and meth

Sponsored

OP
OP
frankelito

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
Sounds like the valve is rattling.
Will wait for others to comment.
thats what i thought to but looks like its also rattling around the downpipe as well. Taking it in to get checked tuesday.

Jay2004

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like there is vibrations from the heat shield around the piping. I could be wrong.

Late-Apex

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I've heard the waste gate is held open during cold starts for the first minute or so and that can sometimes rattle but not be noticable on stock exhaust.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Mine does that too (AA catted DP) on cold starts only, but goes away after like 10 seconds, so it's not enough time for me to get under the car to check where it's coming from. :dunno:

BlackSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Just want to say mine rattles as well, and it has a stock exhaust system...This only happens on cold start though, after it warms up it goes away. I was thinking it's the heat shield as well.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
When I had stock exhaust I would get a little rattle on cold start, and when I did my AWE and downpipe the midpipe was resting on the brace, I had to put a spacer, and now it is better, but now because the exhaust is deep and loud, I have rattles from the interior and in the trunk area, oh well, that's what happen when you modify a car.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
When I had stock exhaust I would get a little rattle on cold start, and when I did my AWE and downpipe the midpipe was resting on the brace, I had to put a spacer, and now it is better, but now because the exhaust is deep and loud, I have rattles from the interior and in the trunk area, oh well, that's what happen when you modify a car.
I too have rattles inside the cabin with my AWE Touring and catless downpipe. Doesn't happen all the time but I've just accepted it lol.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I did the same. Small spacer/washer on the brace bracket bolts.

OP
OP
frankelito

frankelito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020 3.0 P
Well I fixed this a long time ago, took it to a shop and in my case the downpipes was not installed correctly. Rattles are gone

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I too have rattles inside the cabin with my AWE Touring and catless downpipe. Doesn't happen all the time but I've just accepted it lol.
I'm living that AWE Track Edition life. Now that the exhaust is loud and deep, interior rattles are numerous on cold start and under application of the throttle. I feel like it's a good excuse to start taking out interior pieces of plastic. :thumbsup:

ikingkhaos

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Well I fixed this a long time ago, took it to a shop and in my case the downpipes was not installed correctly. Rattles are gone
What seemed to be the issue? I installed an AMS catted downpipe and started noticing the same issue. Goes away after warming up.
Sponsored