Facts on fuel limits

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Hey, all. I'm currently assembling some documentation on an "upgrade path" with @zrk. The goal is to put an easy guide together that people can easily reference to reach XYZ power level without digging through a bunch of threads and/or old info. We plan to publish soon.

But we're looking for help on putting more clarity around the stock fuel limits.

My best understanding is that the stock fuel system is good for ~700WHP on 93. Can anyone describe how that changes on e30? E50? E85? I could do the rough math and say that E85 = 700*0.7 = 490WHP for its 30% increased fuel flow needs. But that doesn't account for the superior timing and octane benefits of E. So I'm hoping to get some harder data than just doing weighted average formulas.

@Twisted Tuning @visconti @Jesse DaBears would you guys be willing to chime in here?

Zack and I are looking to reach a point where we can confidently say "if you want ###WHP, you need these mods." Especially clarity around when someone needs port injection or LPFP upgrade is what I really want to bottom out on.
Sponsored

Last edited: