First oil change, when did you guys get yours done?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So this is my first "really" new car, or BMWish car and I've always lived by the 3k mile or 5k mile oil change interval, I usually try to change it a little bit earlier than that when the time is nearing. My owners manual says 10k miles for the first oil change?! I think it also says the same thing on the digital screen on first startup. When did everyone here get their first oil change done? I'm thinking I'm just going to take it into the Yota dealership at 3k miles and request an oil change anyways. What do you guys think? My car has 2,100 miles on it and 90% of those miles have been decently spirited miles.
Sponsored

Nathwraith

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2022 Aston DBX 707
2500 miles when I had my "stage 2" (downpipe & ecutek tune done @ Garage Whifbitz) car was less than a year old at that point. Changed to Motul 5W40 too, heavier weight oil is prefered when tuned.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Do it now. Despite break-in procedures, better parts manufacturing, etc. you may still get particles. It's not a Camry. You're pushing the engine, so take care of it accordingly..
Good for the engine, bad for environment.
Is it '20 or '21?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'll probably do mine next weekend as insurance will turn on first of April. I bought the car last year, but only drove 1200miles before hibernation so decided to wait to do the change until now.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
If you're leveraging Toyota Care, I'm curious if their systems have limits on when they'll allow you to use the service - e.g. how close to the months/miles of the recommended service do you need to be in order to qualify.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do it now. Despite break-in procedures, better parts manufacturing, etc. you may still get particles. It's not a Camry. You're pushing the engine, so take care of it accordingly..
Good for the engine, bad for environment.
Is it '20 or '21?
This is what I was thinking and mainly why I made the thread. Been really thinking about just taking it in like next weekend at 2,200.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're leveraging Toyota Care, I'm curious if their systems have limits on when they'll allow you to use the service - e.g. how close to the months/miles of the recommended service do you need to be in order to qualify.
This is also something I was wondering about. Toyota will probably tell me I have to pay out of pocket for that oil change since it doesn't meet their maintenance guidelines.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
This is also something I was wondering about. Toyota will probably tell me I have to pay out of pocket for that oil change since it doesn't meet their maintenance guidelines.
My hope - which is wishful thinking - is that since we qualify for 2 toyota care services (2 years or 20K miles whichever comes first), that they shouldn't care if we ask for them early, but that they'll just make sure we only get 2 services for free.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should do them yourselves so you know it's done right.
I always have, but I've never owned a car this expensive and I don't know if Toyota might try to deny any type of warranty work claims in the future if they can prove that none of my oil changes were performed by them. In the past the most expensive car I owned was like $30,000, not close to $55,000 with this much technology attached to it.

OP
OP
Sereph102889

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My hope - which is wishful thinking - is that since we qualify for 2 toyota care services (2 years or 20K miles whichever comes first), that they shouldn't care if we ask for them early, but that they'll just make sure we only get 2 services for free.
This is what I'm hoping for. Just walk in and tell them you want to use 1 of your 2 Toyota Care services for an early first oil change.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I always have, but I've never owned a car this expensive and I don't know if Toyota might try to deny any type of warranty work claims in the future if they can prove that none of my oil changes were performed by them. In the past the most expensive car I owned was like $30,000, not close to $55,000 with this much technology attached to it.
They can't deny warranty for that. It's super easy on the Supra too.
Sponsored