Vehicle Showcase

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
That still doesn't make much sense. Long Beach is a good 3 hours or more from Palm Desert. I live fairly close to Palm Desert, and the only car centric thing there is the Thermal racetrack.
When did the Toyotafest event end? Based on the info in Guff's post, the crash occurred at roughly ~2:00 a.m. The driver was possibly traveling home from Toyotafest or traveling home from an after-Toyotafest-event. ....Or perhaps there is no relationship between the accident and Toyotafest.

Technically, it's a superposition of both until we open the box and see the cat.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
That still doesn't make much sense. Long Beach is a good 3 hours or more from Palm Desert. I live fairly close to Palm Desert, and the only car centric thing there is the Thermal racetrack.
A lot of pre-production (in camo) cars conduct testing in Palm Springs. 2 months ago, there were MKV's at the SEMA garage for measurements. Just because it's a 19 yr old who died doesn't mean it has to make sense.

When did the Toyotafest event end? Based on the info in Guff's post, the crash occurred at roughly ~2:00 a.m. The driver was possibly traveling home from Toyotafest or traveling home from an after-Toyotafest-event. ....Or perhaps there is no relationship between the accident and Toyotafest.

Technically, it's a superposition of both until we open the box and see the cat.
Exactly, I'm not saying there's a direct correlation but MKV's are starting to arrive and someone needs to drive them to and from events. I started to see MKIV and MKV pics in parking garages and around town on IG the Friday before Toyotafest.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
ToyotaFest is a pretty good show, drove down for it once.

I'm not sure why you guys are arguing that this report sounds bogus because the driver died and the passenger was fine. It quite clearly says he hit a traffic pole. Maybe you haven't seen a lot of accidents involving poles and trees, but they pretty much screw up all the hard work the safety engineers do, as they design car chassis to do well in the most common types of accidents.

See here for instance. Driver walked away...
20180520_141628.jpg

The passenger on the other hand, well there wasn't one luckily.

Hopefully you all can identify what that car is :)

DCS

First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Optima, Toyota, Chevy, Nissan
That makes absolutely no sense. The accident was so severe that the drive dies but the passenger walks away with minor bruises,"When Cathedral City Fire Department paramedics arrived, they pronounced Gallardo had dead at the scene, but transported a 20-year-old Cathedral City woman with him to the hospital. She was treated briefly and released."

"Had dead...." not a real journalist with that kind of report lol. I call it bs
-This accident is true. Isaac fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the light pole. Whether he was speeding or fell asleep which caused his foot to push down on the accelerator or both, I have no clue. But I can confirm she was taken to the hospital and released because they are/were my renters. She is lucky to be alive, but she is injured and will take a long time to heal physically, mentally & emotionally. They only had the car for a very short while, maybe a month or so. I never asked where he purchased it.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
-This accident is true. Isaac fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the light pole. Whether he was speeding or fell asleep which caused his foot to push down on the accelerator or both, I have no clue. But I can confirm she was taken to the hospital and released because they are/were my renters. She is lucky to be alive, but she is injured and will take a long time to heal physically, mentally & emotionally. They only had the car for a very short while, maybe a month or so. I never asked where he purchased it.
What kind of car?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I can't help but comment on how much people are making assumptions based on an extremely brief news reporting not to mention the clickbait news reporters looking for attention making up cars name.

Reporter may have heard of a Supra gathering in the area and without actually making the differentiation could have easily assumed a heavily modified MKIV as the new one...

Also crashed into a pole... what angle, what speed...frontal, side impact...for the passenger topic........
Anyhow condolences...

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
ToyotaFest is a pretty good show, drove down for it once.

I'm not sure why you guys are arguing that this report sounds bogus because the driver died and the passenger was fine. It quite clearly says he hit a traffic pole. Maybe you haven't seen a lot of accidents involving poles and trees, but they pretty much screw up all the hard work the safety engineers do, as they design car chassis to do well in the most common types of accidents.
+1 A stationary pole and moving object usually result in a deadly outcome. Fortunately, the driver survived and there wasn't a passenger.

Here is another example

Thanks for chiming in. It's very unfortunate and very surreal that it directly affects you. Rest in Peace Isaac and hopefully his girlfriend can make a full recovery sooner then expected.
Sponsored