First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra

Had a blast on track at Thunderhill, will def be making good use of my NASA passport and attend more event.

Oh and has anyone else ran out of oil as I did? I'd recommend packing a quart just in case when you go because most gas stations won't carry the spec for our cars
Sponsored

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Awesome! If you get the oil message again, considering stopping by Toyota to have it documented. They can either top it off or do an oil change for you and then monitor it to see if/when it happens again. It's becoming more common as 2021's have gotten more miles put on them now. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car-excessively-burning-oil.8084/

Looking forward to my track-days later this year.

Ronh

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2021
Awesome! If you get the oil message again, considering stopping by Toyota to have it documented. They can either top it off or do an oil change for you and then monitor it to see if/when it happens again. It's becoming more common as 2021's have gotten more miles put on them now. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car-excessively-burning-oil.8084/

Looking forward to my track-days later this year.
Is the in car computer display reliable for oil status?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Nicely done. I have an M240i in addition to the Supra, so I have a feel for the change youā€™ve been through.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000

Had a blast on track at Thunderhill, will def be making good use of my NASA passport and attend more event.

Oh and has anyone else ran out of oil as I did? I'd recommend packing a quart just in case when you go because most gas stations won't carry the spec for our cars
you ran out of oil? Its been almost 1000 miles since that track day and mine is still registering at full

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
also were you in Manual mode during your laps or did you keep it in automatic?

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Is the in car computer display reliable for oil status?
short of draining your oil into a measurable container, there's no other way to measure oil level. it's an expensive sensor and if you follow the on-screen / manual instructions on when/how to measure the oil with the infotainment, you're going to get what should be a pretty darn accurate oil level. BMW cars (including those without the BMW badge) have used this method for years. I don't like it and it's another thing to break, but it's what we have and it's not 'new tech'. I'd certainly trust it when it tells you it's low.

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey, thanks for posting the video. Glad you got back out there! The track is addicting!

I just traded my M235i in for a Supra last night. I'm curious to hear more of your impressions of the differences between the two cars on track.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
you ran out of oil? Its been almost 1000 miles since that track day and mine is still registering at full
Iā€™m assuming itā€™s down to doing 2 back to back track days. Itā€™s not uncommon for new turbo cars to burn off oil

I also think I couldā€™ve done a better job taking it easy in my cooldown laps.

and yes I was in manual mode the whole time

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Hey, thanks for posting the video. Glad you got back out there! The track is addicting!

I just traded my M235i in for a Supra last night. I'm curious to hear more of your impressions of the differences between the two cars on track.
the Supra just turns so much better. High speed and low speed corners. The chassis and seating position make a big difference but the LSD also works magic coming out of corners.

I always thought the m235 was a solid car but never really excited me unless it was tuned + exhaust and after turning off traction control.

youā€™re gonna love your Supra !

john99teg

First Name
johnreb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a91 nocturnal special edition
Damn. This video got me excited for thunder hill this month. I own 2021 a91 and also had a quart low after a track day on Laguna seca. Whats weird was I never got the message for low oil. I did the oil level check and behold it was a quart low. Good call on the spare oil.

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
the Supra just turns so much better. High speed and low speed corners. The chassis and seating position make a big difference but the LSD also works magic coming out of corners.

I always thought the m235 was a solid car but never really excited me unless it was tuned + exhaust and after turning off traction control.

youā€™re gonna love your Supra !
Thanks Powa, I can't wait to track this thing. I'm following the break-in procedure and it's killing me (800 more miles to go)! I took it to the track yesterday, but just did some "parade" laps. The car feels at home on a race track. I threw it into a nice big long cloverleaf onramp today and it was PLANTED. It felt way more connected than my M235i. I really did like my M235i, but this Supra seems next-level.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
Thanks Powa, I can't wait to track this thing. I'm following the break-in procedure and it's killing me (800 more miles to go)! I took it to the track yesterday, but just did some "parade" laps. The car feels at home on a race track. I threw it into a nice big long cloverleaf onramp today and it was PLANTED. It felt way more connected than my M235i. I really did like my M235i, but this Supra seems next-level.
Yup! I agree with you 100%, you're gonna love it once you get past the break-in and really push some Gs on this car
Sponsored