Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Hi,

i want to upgrade to this solution. Is this a plug and play solution for my supra ? I saw someone used this, but i cant find the thread.

Thank you
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
@METAL used those in active mode (DSP xover instead of the passive network) in his build thread. However he indicated that someone else used them with the factory network somewhere... I'm still looking for it as well, but if I find I'll update this post for ya.

@jorligan mentions in a few threads that they were planning on going with the K2 setup and factory network... can't find a build log or anything along those lines however. Just posts in @tadda audio improvement thread and a couple others.

OP
OP

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
@METAL used those in active mode (DSP xover instead of the passive network) in his build thread. However he indicated that someone else used them with the factory network somewhere... I'm still looking for it as well, but if I find I'll update this post for ya.
Thanks. Thats good to know. I only want to Upgrade the Front speakers and keep the factory Network.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
That's what I'm thinking of myself. Well, either that or the (much cheaper) Eton kit. I definitely trust Focal to have the best drivers... but since the factory drivers aren't really that bad - I'm not convinced simply replacing them will net much difference. Plus, if you aren't upgrading the amp then it's even less likely.

OP
OP

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
That's what I'm thinking of myself. Well, either that or the (much cheaper) Eton kit. I definitely trust Focal to have the best drivers... but since the factory drivers aren't really that bad - I'm not convinced simply replacing them will net much difference. Plus, if you aren't upgrading the amp then it's even less likely.
Yes i think i will Upgrade the AMP too. The best way. Oem Subs arent that Bad.

Last edited:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

@jorligan mentions in a few threads that they were planning on going with the K2 setup and factory network... can't find a build log or anything along those lines however. Just posts in @tadda audio improvement thread and a couple others.
@jorligan was the person I was referring to that purchased the adapter plate from eBay and dropped in his ES100K himself with the factory amp. He also put in the Focal integration series speakers in the rear.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Finally putting everything together. Will post a build soon. I couldn't use the Focal Access I had planned because of size constraints. Will be going with the Focal ES100K for 5 channels and Dynaudio MW172 for the woofer and Earthquake 10" subwoofer (Leftover from prior project) for the true removable subwoofer. and the Mobridge amplifier. Running the Focal ES100k with the passive crossover initially for ease but may change to full active in the future. Active on the Dynaudio and the subwoofer. I actually ordered all of my components off EBAY. The Focal drivers: FOCAL ES100K 2-way Component Car Speakers | eBay and the adapter rings: Focal ES100K adaptor rings for BMW | eBay . If anyone needs one, I will have an extra adapter ring as I purchased 3 sets total and only need 5 rings.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Finally putting everything together. Will post a build soon. I couldn't use the Focal Access I had planned because of size constraints. Will be going with the Focal ES100K for 5 channels and Dynaudio MW172 for the woofer and Earthquake 10" subwoofer (Leftover from prior project) for the true removable subwoofer. and the Mobridge amplifier. Running the Focal ES100k with the passive crossover initially for ease but may change to full active in the future. Active on the Dynaudio and the subwoofer. I actually ordered all of my components off EBAY. The Focal drivers: FOCAL ES100K 2-way Component Car Speakers | eBay and the adapter rings: Focal ES100K adaptor rings for BMW | eBay . If anyone needs one, I will have an extra adapter ring as I purchased 3 sets total and only need 5 rings.
Do you also have an extra set of the ES100k from the 5th center ch? Id be interested in both.

OP
OP

Markus88

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 Jarama Edition
Is the dynaudio Plug and Play? Weich morbide amp? Thanks

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Is the dynaudio Plug and Play? Weich morbide amp? Thanks
Not plug and play. Making a box for the woofers and the subwoofer. If any interest, I can make extra sub boxes, nothing fancy. Woofer box is definitely more complicated as I am using the original woofer box for both mounting and to get extra volume without having to make the additional extension too big since I am looking at around a sealed box volume of slightly more than a cubic foot per speaker. Looking for smooth response to around 60 Hz and then subwoofer which will be removable. The factory subwoofer box appears to slightly less than .25 cubic feet.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the factory "sub" will be much cleaner sounding if crossed over with a bandpass filter at a much different frequency and slope.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
@jorligan did you install the ES 100 K in the center as well. How/where did you fit the massive crossover?

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ES100K in the center. Ran a wire to the back for the tweeter, mounted the crossover near the amplifier in the rear. Used the factory harness wire to the woofer.
Sponsored