kleptothermic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Limited
Hey Guys,

Contemplating trading the Supra for a current gen F-150 Raptor as my "fun" vehicle. My priorities have changed, and I find myself wanting something that can tow and offroad instead. I know it's apples v oranges, but I wanted to ask if anyone has come from a Raptor to a Supra, and if you regret it/if the Raptor gives you the same level of excitement that our A90s give.
Sponsored

Last edited:

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
I didnt really own a ford before however, I can still compare it to a gmc sierra. So I will be speaking in terms of a gmc. Anywho, I know its tempting to switch to a ford as it is winter, and trust me I get you I would have delayed my supra buy to get a bmw thats bin siting around the house and buy a can-am. Off-roading is more than hobby to me Im in love with it. Especially in the united arab emirates where u are literally surrounded by the desert its tempting. you can never go wrong with trucks especially a gmc. getting some simple mods on it makes a thousand time better with some headers intake maybe a dp and a catback and maybe a tune just hearing that v8 it just hits the right spot. Trust me I understand I'm surrounded with this everyday lmao, plus planing on maybe getting a can-am next year or an old nissan patrol. Is it more fun off-roading than having a supra to me yes 100% would not regret it for a second, but and this is a big but when winter is over and the heat kicks in again in the summer and spring it starts to lose its fun factor (p.s always prefer that v8 sound though). I would've much rather have had that can-am and bmw cuz u know something for the dirt and something for the street, but whenever I get into my supra I do not regret it for a second. If your still going to trade it in for a ford try and maybe get another sport or project if u want to. I know this doesn't cover other needs or priorities, but this is my opinion. if u got any question tell me

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
I currently have a 2018 Raptor and doing a Raptor R project (2021 F150 Platinum with 5.0 and Stage 2 Whipple supercharger and plan on Raptor body conversion). Real issue is on road or off road. On road, you get the convenience of owning a pickup, phenomenal ride quality, great visibility and great looking truck. It drives BIG and parks BIGGER. Stock 3.5 is meh, OK but nothing special. Don't know if they fixed the issue but on my third set of cam phasors in 100k miles. Bought the extended warranty simply because of the concern over cam phasors and set 3 replaced under warranty.

My current project is completely different. Currently, Only the Whipple has been installed, 775 hp per Whipple (590 rwhp on dyno) and expect 11=12 second truck with Raptor looks and Platinum luxury. Very fast especially from 50-100. Performs well as tow truck. Haven't taken it offroad at this time

Offroad, stock Raptor is good but don't plan on doing high speed jumps without suspension upgrades. Great ride on dirt roads and drives/rides better at speed as vs slow. Haven't taken it offroad at high speed, just trails.

If you are looking at alternative to current Raptor (110K in my area new and 90 K for used), I would go to paxpower.com. They do f150 to raptor conversions. Hope this helps

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
Iā€™m sure some on here probably have (or had) both, so hopefully they can chime in.

As for me, Iā€™m not completely in the same boat, but I do find myself in the market for an F-150 Tremor with plans on keeping the Supra.

I rented the Tremor on Turo recently to get real world experience with it.

To try and keep my answer short, IMO, trucks are a different kind of fun that arenā€™t necessarily a replacement for each other unless one wasnā€™t really into cars begin with. It will probably satisfy you for a bit as an only vehicle, but if one is really into cars and the car scene, I think that the desire to get back into a car will come back around soon enough.

I know one guy who ā€œlovesā€ his Tacoma but would love to get back into a Camaro he had prior and another guy who sold his GMC 1500 for an STI.

Personally, while I had fun in the Turoā€™d Tremor (and Iā€™m currently getting my build tidied up with a dealer before placing a custom order for one), Iā€™d be willing to exit the Supra if needed, but Iā€™d have my eye and heart set on another fun car in due time.

When driving the Tremor, I couldnā€™t help but continue to have my eyes and ears caught by all the sporty cars on the streets.

Running a 13.9 @ 100mph (98mph for the Raptorā€¦) is quick for a truck, but my mildly tuned GTI will handily walk away despite being FWD, and I can throw that into turns knowing that I donā€™t weigh 5,500 lbs (5,900lbs for the Raptorā€¦).

Also, consider if you want a Raptor or just want a truck. The Raptor is over 86ā€ wide and only tows 8,200 lbs. Both can be dealbreakers depending on what you want to tow (regularly), if you like parking in normal parking spaces, and what kind of trails or off road terrain interests you.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
My man. I have a Tacoma I do redneck truck shit in. Modified it a good bit to cover the basics of getting myself out of trouble. Do I have as much fun in it as I do in the Supra? It's tough to compare. The fun is more accessible (lots of trails and off-road stuff where I live - hell even a snowstorm is fun) and more legal (I'm not nearly as likely to get taken to jail in the Tacoma). I'd say comparing the unit of fun per dollar I get out of each vehicle is way higher in the Tacoma.

Have you done any off-road fun stuff before so you know what you're getting yourself into? Are you planning on just cruising around on the blacktop in the Raptor?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Iā€™ve known several people who were into cars and ended up trading for a truck. I donā€™t know a single one who stayed that way. All of them, every single one, was happy with the truck for a few months or a year, before the itch to drive something that actually handles reasonably well and is reasonably fast came back. If you want a truck to do off-roady things, then cool, but it doesnā€™t need to be $100k and you donā€™t need to sell the Supra to get it.

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
I traded my 19 raptor my my Supra, no regrets! Both are great vehicles but the truck just didnā€™t quite scratch the itch for me when it came to cruising around the city for enjoyment. If you DO get a raptor, Iā€™ve got a Cobb access port and some other aftermarket parts laying around Iā€™d let go for a good price. I had custom engine and trans tunes from Winfield at Goosetuned, and he is the absolute goat for those trucks fyi. Youā€™ll surely come across him on the forums. Good luck, no wrong choice here!

ope_sry

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 premium
Iā€™ve known several people who were into cars and ended up trading for a truck. I donā€™t know a single one who stayed that way. All of them, every single one, was happy with the truck for a few months or a year, before the itch to drive something that actually handles reasonably well and is reasonably fast came back. If you want a truck to do off-roady things, then cool, but it doesnā€™t need to be $100k and you donā€™t need to sell the Supra to get it.
100% this is exactly what I went through. BRZ->Raptor->Supra

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Get a TRX the new raptors are dookie. And plus this way you get to have a ā€œhellcatā€ powered pickup that can gap most sports cars on the highwayšŸ˜‚

Koval

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0; 2019 F-150 3.5 KR; 2018 Honda GL
Not a Raptor, but I do have a 19 King Ranch that's got some upgraded suspension/tuned making roughly 450whp/540lb on 93. It'll satisfy the straight line performance if that's your thing, and going off-road with it is a lot of fun; but at the end of the day it's a truck and it takes turns like a truck šŸ˜‚ . It's hard to really gauge what's worth it. I don't know that I could part with the Supra at this point though. If I had to cut back I'd likely trade the truck for a cheaper winter vehicle if something happened where I had to pick one.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Iā€™m currently looking for a gen3 Raptor. I drove a gen2 and was very underwhelmed, Iā€™m hoping the hype behind the gen3 does it for me otherwise Iā€™ll be looking at a Trx, and I HATE Mopar!

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Iā€™m currently looking for a gen3 Raptor. I drove a gen2 and was very underwhelmed, Iā€™m hoping the hype behind the gen3 does it for me otherwise Iā€™ll be looking at a Trx, and I HATE Mopar!
Man, we used to have a 2018 Jeep, overheated constantly and provided zero air flow in cabin with ac or heater. Hate Chrysler anything :(

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I came from a 4 truck streak, then the Supra. My last truck was an F one shitty with a 5.slow and I actually liked it way better than the Raptor I droveā€¦
5AC9CB8E-BBA9-49B4-85EE-990FCE0382C5.jpeg
Sponsored