Ford possibly bringing back the Thunderbird

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
In my opinion its one car they can just keep dead. I dont care for the look.
Agreed

And it's not just the look, the last one weighed nearly 4000 lbs and had 280 hp. If they want to compete with the C8, it needs to be a completely new design, not a resurrection of the same boat they had before.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Lets be completely honest, Ford has recently made the new Ford GT and that is clearly an incredible car. Granted the old Ford GT was an absolute banger as well, where as the old Thunder Bird was kind of a turd. This all being said, if Ford is "bringing back the Thunder Bird to be the C8 Corvette competitor", I would imagine, considering what they've done with the Ford GT and it being mid-engine rear wheel drive, that they could make an absolutely hellacious mid-engine rear wheel drive, or mid-engine ALL WHEEL DRIVE, modern version of the Thunder Bird if they really wanted to.

Lets be real here. If the Thunder Bird is coming back to be the "C8 Competitor", Ford should know exactly what they need to do by now to make it competitive. I wouldn't rule it out just because the old Thunder Bird wasn't great, things have changed. Keep in mind all the spy-shots we've seen of Ford piloting a C8 Corvette around their own test track. Brings some interesting ideas to mind!

OP
OP
Bryster

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Lets be completely honest, Ford has recently made the new Ford GT and that is clearly an incredible car. Granted the old Ford GT was an absolute banger as well, where as the old Thunder Bird was kind of a turd. This all being said, if Ford is "bringing back the Thunder Bird to be the C8 Corvette competitor", I would imagine, considering what they've done with the Ford GT and it being mid-engine rear wheel drive, that they could make an absolutely hellacious mid-engine rear wheel drive, or mid-engine ALL WHEEL DRIVE, modern version of the Thunder Bird if they really wanted to.

Lets be real here. If the Thunder Bird is coming back to be the "C8 Competitor", Ford should know exactly what they need to do by now to make it competitive. I wouldn't rule it out just because the old Thunder Bird wasn't great, things have changed. Keep in mind all the spy-shots we've seen of Ford piloting a C8 Corvette around their own test track. Brings some interesting ideas to mind!
I think what they should do is turn it into what the front engine Corvette was

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I’m kind of on a similar thought. I could see them bringing it back as a hybrid mid engine to compete with the C8. It would be a nice fit between the Mustang and the GT

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Call it AngryBird. Why the constant need to revive old names. Has to have a history, design features carried over. Nah. Just make something nice.
Ps. I don't care for latest Ford SUV designs..
Sponsored