Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
What’s up, hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the forge catch can and if there has been any issues with it. I’m not sold on Mishimotos catch can and am looking for a better alternative.

Planning on tuning down the line and would like to prevent oil build up in the charge pipes. Thanks!
Sponsored

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
What’s up, hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the forge catch can and if there has been any issues with it. I’m not sold on Mishimotos catch can and am looking for a better alternative.

Planning on tuning down the line and would like to prevent oil build up in the charge pipes. Thanks!
@a90moe has one installed and I think there are no issues, mine is on the way as well.

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mishimoto after around 2 months

98ED9AA4-C86C-44D8-BB68-2CA6F14AD74C.jpeg
Looks like it did nothing or has little oil collected. Has the Forge can you have on functioned correctly?

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
Looks like it did nothing or has little oil collected. Has the Forge can you have on functioned correctly?
As far as I know the place which Forge and Verus catch cans hook into that barely collects water/oil vapor, it is the CCV line that most of the oil goes through to both the chargepipe and intake. Unfortunately there are numerous reports that Mishimoto catch can is causing big clouds of white smoking coming out of the exhaust.

Last edited:

Bflood

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
3.0 Premium
It isn't without flaw.. mishimoto needs to have a better/ reliable solution.
My top mount catch can has collected zero since installed 7k miles ago.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is there evidence that there is oil "leak" to begin with?

AlRayes_BRN

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90
There are evidence that oil reaches the intake and chargepipe, there was some oil in the OEM intake when I removed it to replace it with Injen Evolution and mileage was 1,000 km.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
yes. Every single time i have pulled my charge pipe off there was a significant amount of oil in there, even with the mishimoto can so i suspect a lot is coming from the pcv. This is common for the b58 in general. Many discussions on bmw forums with same issue pictured.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
yes. Every single time i have pulled my charge pipe off there was a significant amount of oil in there, even with the mishimoto can so i suspect a lot is coming from the pcv. This is common for the b58 in general. Many discussions on bmw forums with same issue pictured.
Just checking....
I read some bmw forums as well. It's b58abc, etc., pretty much similar to other bmw engines. Where are mishi and others failing at?

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
no, forget mishi, i am talking about oil in the charge pipe. They do not isolate if it is the ccv or pcv system but they all accumulate significant oil in the charge pipe

OP
OP
Snorlax27

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting feedback..

I have never actually used a catch can before, but I do understand the concept behind it. I’m wondering if it’s even worth putting a catch can on if there’s still a substantial amount of oil still being found in the charge pipes.
Sponsored