Found a 2021 with only 36 miles, but has sat awhile at the dealer

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
Car is one of the non-tunable '21s. That doesn't bother me. Theyve got it marked down to $51k after down payment and taxes essentially out the door around 46k on the loan. Car has been sitting for ~6 months and doesn't look too well looked after.

What should I ask them to do before going any further? Fluids, fresh tires?

Also new to Toyota dealers and not sure if they negotiate much! Open to all advice.

Thanks
Sponsored

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
A good number to start with is 50.5k or less on a 3.0 premium before fees/taxes. What dealership are you talking about?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Car is one of the non-tunable '21s. That doesn't bother me. Theyve got it marked down to $51k after down payment and taxes essentially out the door around 46k on the loan. Car has been sitting for ~6 months and doesn't look too well looked after.

Also new to Toyota dealers and not sure if they negotiate much! Open to all advice.

Thanks
Have them sign in writing to give a full refund if the car shows low oil light before 1500 miles. ?

All jokes aside definitely have them check battery charge level before leaving the lot.

-RJM

OP
OP

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
Have them sign in writing to give a full refund if the car shows low oil light before 1500 miles. ?

All jokes aside definitely have them check battery charge level before leaving the lot.

-RJM
I'd probably just ask for a new battery. I'd like to get a new set of tires out of it but not sure that would fly.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

Thanks
Just check battery. If the car runs and it doesn't show a low battery, it's good to go.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
JT; 1290SAR
Battery health check and either charge or replace as appropriate, and a detail.

if its sat for 6 months dont settle for any price above invoice. Supras arent exactly selling like hot cakes, so dont let them charge you the typical Toyota Tax. If they wont deal on it, walk.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
As everyone stated I would ask for them to check the battery and also I would add to ask them to do an oil change. If the car has been at the dealership for 6 months that means it's had oil in it for longer than that, this isn't really a terrible thing, but clean fresh oil is better than 6+ month old oil.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Make sure you drive a few miles with a tech or whomever is working there to see if Nav enabled, transpo mode disabled, sensors working properly, etc...

edit: Ahh yes, just confirmed from my email records that they were one of the dealers that wanted me to go into a bidding war for the LE they had and lowest they were looking for was 15K+. Wonder what happened to that..

OP
OP

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
Make sure you drive a few miles with a tech or whomever is working there to see if Nav enabled, transpo mode disabled, sensors working properly, etc...

edit: Ahh yes, just confirmed from my email records that they were one of the dealers that wanted me to go into a bidding war for the LE they had and lowest they were looking for was 15K+. Wonder what happened to that..
Oh jeeze! Yeah not an LE, just a 3.0 Premium on Nocturnal Black

OP
OP

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
That's a good call actually!

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I paid 49500 OTD for my 20 when then 21s were almost out. (Toyota had like a $3500 rebate and $750 military discount though at the time). Invoice is like 48500. These cars are gonna sit for ever like that one let them know that. Plus the 2022s will come out by August.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
i bought a left over 2020 back in September. It was originally shipped to the dealer in Kentucky I purchased from August 2019. The car had 29 miles at the time it was shipped to me in Florida. The tires were in good shape, no flat spots. The fluids appeared to be the original fluids and I did the first oil change at 900 miles.

I currently have nearly 11k miles on the car and it has been awesome. It was tuned with a downpipe after 1500 miles and the engine and trans has been solid and hasnt skipped a beat. With it being a 2021, I would drive it some and check the fluids, make sure the battery is good, and monitor the oil levels and enjoy it.

Good luck!
Sponsored