Front plate placement / Let's see those personalized License plates

unpckr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S3, Tesla Model S P85
Anyone started to think where they would put their front plate?

I haven't seen any tow hook slots yet in the photos I've seen, and it would be a shame to put some holes in this beautiful bumper.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
front plates are for the birds

Windshield
if you're gonna do that, then might as well put it on the front of the car. that's a safety hazard and a red flag when an officer looks at the front of your vehicle, but to each his own.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
We don't need them here in Michigan either! But as I'm trying to relocate back to Washington State, we need them over there......but to be honest I'd rather take the ticket for no licence plate as opposed to driving this car in Michigan roads. Those who live in Michigan know exactly what I'm talking about haha.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
my US residence is based in a state that requires front plate and it's never been on there since I moved there... it's been several years with no issue. and yeah, I'd for sure take the ticket and just laugh it off or "fix it."

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t run a front plate on my Tommy Kaira here in the UK. Sometime Plod use it as an excuse to find out about the car but Iā€™ll probably do the same with the Supra.

scoates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 GT86, 2020 Supra A90 Edition, 2021 GR Yaris
I donā€™t run a front plate on my Tommy Kaira here in the UK. Sometime Plod use it as an excuse to find out about the car but Iā€™ll probably do the same with the Supra.
I'm going to try and get my UK car without a front plate too, just hope they'll be able to do it from factory. Would hate to have holes drilled in the bumper for the mounting points!

McWicked

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stutz Bearcat
Vehicle Showcase
I live in a state where it's mandatory, but if you know the unofficial rules, you'll never get stopped. If you drive a newer car that is clean, tastefully modified and not obnoxiously loud, you're good to go. If you're bouncing around in an old ass cut-spring Civic with a fart cannon out back, you will get this ticket. It's that simple.

Now, having a nice car doesn't prevent you from getting ticketed for no front plate, but you most likely will never be stopped solely for that reason.

glennQNYC

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Vehicle Showcase
I havenā€™t run a front place since 1994. Iā€™ve been pulled over exactly twice for not having a front plate on. (NJ)

Bosstee

First Name
Bastian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I'm going to try and get my UK car without a front plate too, just hope they'll be able to do it from factory. Would hate to have holes drilled in the bumper for the mounting points!
Have you spoken to your dealer or Toyota about this?
According to realoem.com there are actual license plate holders for each market with a part number. So I'm assuming it's mounted along the assembly line.
Sponsored