• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Keeping: Bimmertech MMI Prime

tturboman

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 AT, '16 BMW 435i F36
Selling my Bimmertech MMI Prime. Installed it about a month ago. It works perfect but it's not to my taste. I thought I wanted Android Auto but I changed my mind.

If you want Android Auto in your car or have a base model and want Apple car Play, this is what you'll need. Install is easy and there are a few videos on youtube that can guide you. You will need to code in aux for audio but that is easily done through bimmercode.

$650 shipped to USA

P.s. I'll have more photos once I get it back out of the car.
20230118_135123.jpg
Sponsored

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Props to you for being strong-willed enough to take everything apart again to remove it 😂

OP
OP
tturboman

tturboman

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Changed my mind and will be keeping it. For those of you curious about my decision. My hang up on this unit was that Android Auto overtakes the factory headunit and you are unable to access the OEM menus without disconnecting your phone and restarting the car. Or so I thought. I just found out that if you press and hold the Menu button on the iDrive controller, it switches between the MMI Prime and the factory displays! I'm an idiot. I can now switch between the sport settings and the Android Auto navigation on the fly! Overall, I'm happy with it and would recommend to others. There are cheaper versions on the market but I don't have the money or the patience to be the guinea pig to see if they all work the same. The saying goes, you get what you pay for.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra
If your still going to the dealership for a service. Just make sure they don't update your ECU because it will mess with the Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Not sure if it's the same for MMI Prime, but heard a couple of people lost it when the dealership updated their ECU. Can you confirm this @tturboman?

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
I just found out that if you press and hold the Menu button on the iDrive controller, it switches between the MMI Prime and the factory displays!
This is how it works for all aftermarket AA/CarPlay kits through a box. The box is basically just a fancy splitter - it either displays the stock infotainment or displays CarPlay/AA via the box. The written materials that came with mine had instructions for several brands (Audi/MB/Lexus/bmw) and they all have a similar way to get back to the stock infotainment - holding down a button for 3 secs.

But glad you figured it out. It’s not hard to install… but the thought of having to remove it sounds annoying.

Reactions: zrk

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
If your still going to the dealership for a service. Just make sure they don't update your ECU because it will mess with the Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Not sure if it's the same for MMI Prime, but heard a couple of people lost it when the dealership updated their ECU. Can you confirm this @tturboman?
I think this is a concern for people who managed to activate CarPlay via coding or however (Not an expert on this on the Supra since my MKV has factory CarPlay). MMIPrime is a box setup so a dealership update should not mess with CarPlay/AA… although if you had to code in aux audio or anything else via BimmerCode to get MMI prime to work, those settings will be lost after an update at the dealer.

OP
OP
tturboman

tturboman

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not 100% sure. I don't think so? It's not a software unlock, it's an actual physical brick that I had to install in the dash behind the headunit. I don't think an over the air service update to the ecu can undo that but I wouldn't put it past them anymore.
There's another thread discussing what is involved and what it does. I bought it because it was something I wanted to do on my previous car, a 435i, and decided to finally pull the trigger when I got the Supra. Like I said, I'm happy with it now.

OP
OP
tturboman

tturboman

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is how it works for all aftermarket AA/CarPlay kits through a box. The box is basically just a fancy splitter - it either displays the stock infotainment or displays CarPlay/AA via the box. The written materials that came with mine had instructions for several brands (Audi/MB/Lexus/bmw) and they all have a similar way to get back to the stock infotainment - holding down a button for 3 secs.

But glad you figured it out. It’s not hard to install… but the thought of having to remove it sounds annoying.
If I read instructions I could have saved myself the headache. Short attention span go brr.

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Also, if your MMI ever freezes, gets slow or anything, leave the "back" button pressed and it'll restart

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Darn, I was gonna try and low-ball you on your unit.. sad you figured that out 🤣🤣

But that's good to know for when I pull the trigger on the mmi prime unit too, thanks!

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since this is no longer a FS thread.....

Anyone else get the Cool Walk update for their AA yet? I just got it a few days ago and feels/looks so much better!

calmeda1

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Since this is no longer a FS thread.....

Anyone else get the Cool Walk update for their AA yet? I just got it a few days ago and feels/looks so much better!
Yes! I got in my car on Wednesday and saw it was different. I love it!

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes! I got in my car on Wednesday and saw it was different. I love it!

haha that's actually the same day I got it. The best thing about it so far is that when you receive a text the cursor automatically goes to the text now. You can just click the iDrive wheel and boom it plays the text. No more having to fumble around to get to it before it disappears. Also being able to make google maps full screen is nice.
Sponsored