FTP intake pipe with MST Cold air intake?

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Does anyone know if the FTP intake pipe will work with the MST cold air intake?
Looking to see if I can ditch that stock, baffled, rubber intake hose but I am not sure if the FTP is compatible with the MST box\cone.
Sponsored

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
After watching Speedindustry's MST intake installation video. They actually had an FTP intake pipe, removed it and replaced with the stock intake tract

There will be no space for the two pipes attached (MST & FTP)

And

FTP alone is not long enough for the cone filter to reach the inside of the MST airbox since its designed to attach to the factory airbox

Calderon93

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Looking to see if I can ditch that stock, baffled, rubber intake hose but I am not sure if the FTP is compatible with the MST box\cone.
Your probably better off with going with another intake. MST and CTS turbo intakes seem to integrate the stock intake hose into their product. Ams performance, AFE Power, Injen, and Mishimoto seem to all use their own unique tubing but none of these are released yet :(

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to see if I can ditch that stock, baffled, rubber intake hose but I am
Yes it is thats the way I have it

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
I also added this!

23.JPG

thisguycody

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Supra, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yes it is thats the way i have it
Your response got mixed in with the quote and I almost missed it. So you're running the MST intake and BOTH FTP charge pipes? Specifically the one that connects to the intake box?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Kind of shitty that anyone who already purchased the MST CAI kit has to pay $180 plus shipping for the inlet pipe, while anyone who is buying the CAI Kit + Inlet pipe only pays $95 more. Should have been a $100 part for anyone.... Gouging at its finest...

Soopraw

First Name
Shah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra launch edition , 08 335xi, 15 mercedes
Kind of shitty that anyone who already purchased the MST CAI kit has to pay $180 plus shipping for the inlet pipe, while anyone who is buying the CAI Kit + Inlet pipe only pays $95 more. Should have been a $100 part for anyone.... Gouging at its finest...
I Agree, talk to @extreme, they hook it up!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
If you got it from them directly or from an authorized dealer you can try asking on a price match for the upgrade, if MST refuses, let me know and I can work on a discount for the inlet

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If you got it from them directly or from an authorized dealer you can try asking on a price match for the upgrade, if MST refuses, let me know and I can work on a discount for the inlet
I messaged MST on Instagram and they suggested I purchase the part through Speed Industry if I was in the USA. I find it very disappointing that they would tax existing MST owners 50%+ for the same part. I should not have to ask for a discount, the price needs to be lowered permanently.
Sponsored