Fun stories/comments/reactions with your A90: Funny things said to you about your Supra

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
How many times it’s been that I check the rear view mirror and some dude is filming the car. I mean they’re shooting video because they’re holding the phone for a long time.

So my question is: where are all these videos going? Social media, I presume. I find that amusing.
I’m guessing their Facebook or Instagram. I mean the Supra is rare now but won’t be in two years when there’s a lot more of them on the road. It reminds me of when I got my 350Z although that was before smartphone days so no one taking pictures just speeding up and down to see the Z car.
Sponsored

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord
I was at costco filling up gas and an older guy and his son walked up to my car looking at it and started talking to me. He said he helped designed the car and recently retired as a chief design engineer from toyota in California. He said he worked with Tada San on both the 86 and this car, he mentioned that the initial car that they designed with California Design was longer and much wider like a lambo... he mentioned they actually had to shrink the body to mate it to the Z4 chassis
Lines up with what people were saying at launch about the styling compromises they had to make

nigaskiga

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Accord
So far the funniest (and kinda sad) thing that has happened after 9 days of ownership:

Last night I’m walking to my car and a guy asks me if it’s OK if he takes a pic of it. Sure, no problem. So he takes a pic on his phone and then immediately motions to some people in a nearby beat-to-heck mini-van who turn out to be his family. They come out—wife carrying an infant and 5 kids under the age of 10—and the guy asks if I’ll take a pic with his phone of him and his family standing by the car.

What do you say at this point except, sure dude?

When I got home and told my wife the story, she said, “The next time that happens, you give them the car.”
Probably made their day though!

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I had a guy in a Nissan Altima want to race. That was interesting. I also had a guy wave at me and video me driving by him as I was leaving dinner the other day. I’ve also gotten some thumbs up from a few construction works in a van the day after I got the car. It’s certainly been an attention grabber.

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99’ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it 1,000 miles home this past weekend:

1). Stopped in a Taco Bell parking lot shortly after I got it to play around with the settings....a few minutes later I notice two guys standing outside the car, just kind of loitering.

They work at the car wash next to Taco Bell and saw my drive by, they abandoned their work stations and headed over to check out the car (for a good 10 minutes).

I was wondering what the customers thought when the two ‘abandon ship,’ but they were cool guys and I approved of their unofficial break.

2). 70-85yrs old lady giving me a thumbs up

3). Noticed a WRX following me after several turns in the city. Pulled up to Jimmy Johns, guy pulls in behind me and says, “I was headed in the opposite direction and saw your car go by, I figured I would follow you and hope you weren’t driving too far. I just wanted to say that is an awesome car! Is it a manual?”

4). Countless people in passenger’s seat taking photos.

5). Getting gas, “nice car.”

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I had a guy in a Nissan Altima want to race. That was interesting. I also had a guy wave at me and video me driving by him as I was leaving dinner the other day. I’ve also gotten some thumbs up from a few construction works in a van the day after I got the car. It’s certainly been an attention grabber.
But according to the internet "it's a flop"

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
May have done a highway roll race in two A90s with a couple extremely notable YouTubers a little while back. In Mexico, of course.

They were neck and neck lol. I have a video but I think it's best I keep that to myself...
These videos? :p

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Drove to CT from NC, and it's not too bad a car for long hauls. More comfortable than my 86 despite the limited space.

20190905_191353.jpg

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Before I switched out the Supra’s novelty horn, it was “date night” with my wife, and I had occasion to honk the horn at a car that was backing up and clearly couldn’t see—anyway, I honk and my wife says, through nearly hysterical laughter, “if you think you’re getting any tonight, think again, not until you get rid of that girly horn!” :eek:

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Before I switched out the Supra’s novelty horn, it was “date night” with my wife, and I had occasion to honk the horn at a car that was backing up and clearly couldn’t see—anyway, I honk and my wife says, through nearly hysterical laughter, “if you think you’re getting any tonight, think again, not until you get rid of that girly horn!” :eek:
ED-9JpTXkAA-zoX.png

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Is it really that bad? I mean how many times does one use the horn on the car. I don’t even remember the last time I used my car horn.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Is it really that bad? I mean how many times does one use the horn on the car. I don’t even remember the last time I used my car horn.
Growing up in NYC, I used my horn at least 5 times a week. I don't think anyone would had taken me seriously honking a clown horn lol.

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
It’s a horn befitting a Smart Car. What WAS Toyota thinking?
Sponsored