Good lease deals in Norcal? SF Bay Area

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I'm currently in the market for either a 2021 3.0 Premium or an A91 if i can manage it. Currently the dealerships that do have the A91 in stock are marking them up by a significant amount, and other dealerships are dicking me around trying to get me to pay over MSRP. Has anyone in the SF Bay Area had any luck with negotiating MSRP or below?
Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tacoma Offroad
I can definitely help you out in California, I have a few Supras left that I can blowout this year. Just sold to a few other Forum members this month

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i just got your PM and responded, thank you!

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What are people getting as far as lease deals up here in NorCal?

The two that i've managed to talk to are both quoting me 900+ a month for 10k a year 36 months with 1500$ down. Thats literally just as bad as lease options for the M2 Competition. I don't know too much about how lease deals work but this just seems insanley overpriced.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Dealerships in the bay area are not selling these cars based on the market value. I was sick and tired of dealing with them so I got mine shipped out of state. Even with shipping, I ended up saving almost 6000 bucks on a 2020. There are great deals on 2021's in the east coast. Do consider that option as well as my process went by without much hassle.

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah i'm kinda seeing that being the case. Its so frustrating being in CA and in the Silicon Valley and seeing people in other states saving massive thousands on the same car. And this is all because a bunch of rich people didn't care to negotiate so dealerships know they can just charge more for the same thing. Like sure i have money too, but that doesn't mean i want to just throw it away.

As much as i would love to deal with a dealership across the country and get a great deal, i just cant. I have to trade in my current car and there will be some negative equity which i was hoping to just roll into my lease payments. But i cant even start to talk about trade value as the deals i've been getting for the lease are just terrible.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Yeah i'm kinda seeing that being the case. Its so frustrating being in CA and in the Silicon Valley and seeing people in other states saving massive thousands on the same car. And this is all because a bunch of rich people didn't care to negotiate so dealerships know they can just charge more for the same thing. Like sure i have money too, but that doesn't mean i want to just throw it away.

As much as i would love to deal with a dealership across the country and get a great deal, i just cant. I have to trade in my current car and there will be some negative equity which i was hoping to just roll into my lease payments. But i cant even start to talk about trade value as the deals i've been getting for the lease are just terrible.
Yeah your case is definitely more complicated than mine. I just wanted to buy this car. So it wasn't that big of an hassle. Shipping was certainly the scary part but it happened without any major issues.

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah i'm thinking i might have to wait till not only trade in value is more set in stone for the car i have as well as for 2021 models to sit on the lot for a bit. I did manage to negotiate invoice at one dealership, but then as soon as i mentioned lease, they just shriveled back into their shell. And then gave me the lowest lowball offer on my trade in.

As much as i hate paying money for a car i can barely drive, i also don't want to screw myself over in the future trying to get something i want right now.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
If it helps, I got my ‘21 3.0 with DAP for $49,800 including the rebate. Paid for the DMV fees and taxes out of pocket financed the rest with my credit union.

Got that at City Toyota and SF Toyota was willing to match. Both red Supra’s sat on their lots for almost 60 days.

OP
OP

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If it helps, I got my ‘21 3.0 with DAP for $49,800 including the rebate. Paid for the DMV fees and taxes out of pocket financed the rest with my credit union.

Got that at City Toyota and SF Toyota was willing to match. Both red Supra’s sat on their lots for almost 60 days.
Thanks for the response! I actually managed to get a A91 Refraction at Invoice out in Redding. They were the only dealer not marking it up or trying to slap on hidden fees everywhere else.

I did talk to someone at City Toyota, but they werent willing to take my trade in but the dealership up in redding was so that made the difference.

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
Thanks for the response! I actually managed to get a A91 Refraction at Invoice out in Redding. They were the only dealer not marking it up or trying to slap on hidden fees everywhere else.

I did talk to someone at City Toyota, but they werent willing to take my trade in but the dealership up in redding was so that made the difference.
Oh man!!! I really wanted a Refraction, but wasn’t interested in chasing a deal. This just kind of happened! Congrats!
Sponsored