Greetings from Mishimoto

Discussion in 'B58 6-Cyl Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Bolt-Ons' started by Mishimoto, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Hello SupraMKV.com!

Nick here from Mishimoto! We are in the home stretch now in receiving the delivery of our very own B58 powered Supra at our R&D facility in Delaware, and we are beyond enthusiastic to start digging into this platform and providing you guys with some quality performance parts!

For those of you who aren't familiar with us, we specialize in performance components such as intercoolers, heat exchangers, intakes, and radiators, as well as catch cans and coolant filtration and plenty more. Our expertise expands from hot-hatches all the way up to diesel trucks, which includes vehicles such as the Focus RS, Civic Type R, every generation of the WRX and STI, S-550 Mustang, the 2.0T and LT1 Camaro, C6 and C7 Corvettes, as well as F2X/F3X chassis and a slew of Ford Powerstrokes and EcoBoosts. Basically, we've been around the block a few times, and can't wait to let our Engineering team dive into the Supra. For a deeper look into the development of our products, make sure you head over to Engineering Blog, but here's just a little taste of what goes on here:

041918_NLT_C6_RAD_WEB_3.jpg

020718_NLT_CTR_INT_WEB_1.jpg

080817_NLT_CTR_ICP_WEB_1.jpg
    022018_NLT_F30_INT_WEB_12.jpg

092617_NLT_CTR_Track_WEB_1.jpg

NLT_0501.jpg
    While we already have some direction for our Supra, we would love your input as to the aftermarket support you guys would want for YOUR Supra. Feel free to shoot me any comments, questions or suggestions! I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on all of the latest Supra related news coming from Team Mishi

Thanks guys, and I'm very much looking forward to working with you!
    -Nick

Mk5nut, Thatguyw_stat, mas921 and 6 others like this.
  2. tonyng92

tonyng92 Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    E93 M3 F82 M4
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Awesome! Looking forward to the products you guys are planning to release.

Mishimoto likes this.
  3. Webweasel

Webweasel Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Stefan
    Car(s):
    Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I just had one of your radiators installed in my Celica GT4. I was really impressed, perfect fit and a really well made bit of kit. I look forward to seeing what you make for the Supra.

Mishimoto and BobDigi5060 like this.
  4. Toyotawild

Toyotawild Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zach
    Car(s):
    07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
    Liked:
    Any plans to help with cooling the incoming air charge on the engine? I know its an air to water setup.

5. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Always glad to hear from a happy customer! Hope to see some Mishimoto parts on your Supra!

I'm fairly certain that is part of the plan! In fact we're already looking into upgrading the heat exchanger for the B58 equipped Bimmers as well ;)

-Nick

BrettS likes this.
  6. DesmoSD

DesmoSD Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
    Liked:
    I've ran your radiator on my turbo Integra GSR back in the days. One of my gripes was the bare aluminum finish. It would start to oxidize and would need some elbow grease to bring back the shine.

How come you don't offer them in black to look more OEM?

7. XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2013 GT86, 2020 Supra
    Liked:
    Mechanical Engineer
    Just a friendly suggestion to perhaps add the word BMW in the 1st post if there is experience with that, as A90 Supra has BMW engine :)
    I do see the BMW image, but but you've listed bunch of muscle cars, some Japanese and Fords, but not BMW's or Toyota's... reading this if I don't know anything about your company, despite how capable the company may be, I'd question if there is know-how for BMW engines.. anyhow 2 cents.

8. whozaka

whozaka Active Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    Mazda MX-5, Toyota Tacoma
    Liked:
    Main things I’m looking for when I get mine is intercooler, down pipes, and replacing fake vents for real vents.

9. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Thanks for the input! Basically, what I wanted to convey is that we have a very wide range of experience which includes the nuances of BMW engineering. Think of it more like a resume :p I can assure you that we have plenty of experience with Bimmers, including the last generation 2, 3, and 4 series (F2X/F3X that I mentioned up there ;)) plus many of the older generations. In short, no matter who designed the engine, we're committed to bringing you guys the best quality product for your Supras!

The intercooler would definitely be tricky to upgrade since it's built directly into the intake manifold, but there's a very good chance that we'll be upgrading the heat exchanger which would boost the cooling efficiency of the intercooler. I'll make sure to pass along the interest in downpipes ;)

-Nick

10. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Hey Guys!

I know it's been a little bit of radio silence on our end, BUT, it's finally here:

NLT_3499-Edit.jpg

NLT_3570.jpg

We picked up our Supra late last week and we're ready to start tearing into it! Make sure that you keep your eyes peeled for our product develop threads coming soon! Feel free to shoot any question my way on here in the mean time

-Nick

Paolo, Mk5nut, Darth and 4 others like this.
  11. Bryster

Bryster Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bryan
    Car(s):
    Nothing,considering a Civic DX
    Liked:
    Do you plan on changing the colour?

12. Darth

Darth Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Y61, Y62, AP1 S2000 Racecar, Westfield Aerorace, Evo 8, C6 ZO6, 370Z, Zupra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I am interested to know your plans? Engine oil cooler? Transmission oil cooler?

13. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Well, we really wanted one in the San Francisco Red metallic, but Toyota kept insisting that's a BMW color. Weird...

We have big plans for sure! Right now we're evaluating each system to see where we can make improvements. The oil and transmission coolers are definitely on our radar and will be on our list of kits to investigate. I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop and also make sure that you keep your eye out for our development threads as they go live!

-Nick

Mk5nut, EastCoastSupra and Bryster like this.
  14. Fast_Freddie

Fast_Freddie Active Member

First Name:
    Freddie
    Car(s):
    2020 Turbulence Gray Premium, 2010 CTS-V, 2005 Evo VIII
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Welcome aboard, been with you guys for a while from the Evo world

15. OP
    OP
    Mishimoto

Mishimoto Member
    Silver Sponsor

Car(s):
    Many
    Liked:
    Hey Guys!

Just wanted to bump this up with an intro to our Supra (with some rad photos in there) and a sneak peek at our first projects we're diving into!

What are you planning for your first mod for your Supra?

-Nick