Ground Clearance

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Hi everyone,

I'm contemplating purchasing a Supra and am wondering what the front approach angle is like going up driveway aprons, going over speed bumps, etc. Will I need to attach them at an angle, or is the 4.5" ground clearance enough to handle a straight on approach to most obstacles?
Sponsored

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Hi everyone,

I'm contemplating purchasing a Supra and am wondering what the front approach angle is like going up driveway aprons, going over speed bumps, etc. Will I need to attach them at an angle, or is the 4.5" ground clearance enough to handle a straight on approach to most obstacles?
Live on the Midwest and have no issues so far. The Supra has these plastic guards under the car that may sound like the car bottoms out but itā€™s just the guards.

I want to lower the car but probably not the best idea in Missouri

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Hi everyone,

I am lowered only .8ā€ front and rear and added these protection strips to aid with the chin spoiler.

679304FC-5975-4199-9B51-49596FBF97D2.jpeg
830C6111-B69F-43B6-995F-BE9F27A91192.jpeg

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Hi everyone,

My driveway is only slightly inclined, but the street has a small rain-run-off gutter, so a straight approach will cause the front to dip enough for the corner-strips (see bottom photo by @Andrew4Supra) to scrape the driveway, as @Benjilis pointed out. I go in and out at an angle, slowly, so only one tire hits the gutter at the time and those strips donā€™t scrape. Iā€™ve had to do the same on other driveways with similar or more pronounced gutters. No issues going over speed bumps; then again, I always take speed bumps at an angle to minimize bounce, even when I drive my wifeā€™s SUV.
Sponsored