Had to add a Quart--

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
4800 miles and the car told me to add a quart. I am not real concerned because this is the first time, and the way I drive it I am surprised it wasn't sooner LOL. I know people with Audis who need to add multiple quarts in a lot less than 4800 miles and are told it's "within spec". :rolleyes:

At first I took it to a Toyota dealer figuring I'd just get the first oil change, but was told the special oil is on a nationwide backorder. :dunno:

So I added a quart of Mobil One 5W-20, thought process being mixing in that tiny bit thicker oil might help it use less. It was still like water going in. I then drove it a bit and then checked the level - it reads exactly full now.

What does everyone think of how I handled it? Likely to explode or what?? :oops:

IMG_9475.JPG
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
4800 miles and the car told me to add a quart. I am not real concerned because this is the first time, and the way I drive it I am surprised it wasn't sooner LOL. I know people with Audis who need to add multiple quarts in a lot less than 4800 miles and are told it's "within spec". :rolleyes:

At first I took it to a Toyota dealer figuring I'd just get the first oil change, but was told the special oil is on a nationwide backorder. :dunno:

So I added a quart of Mobil One 5W-20, thought process being mixing in that tiny bit thicker oil might help it use less. It was still like water going in. I then drove it a bit and then checked the level - it reads exactly full now.

What does everyone think of how I handled it? Likely to explode or what?? :oops:

IMG_9475.JPG
You will be fine. Did you notice at what mileage it went below the max line? Or
did you never bother looking until the warning popped up?

-RJM

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
You will be fine. Did you notice at what mileage it went below the max line? Or
did you never bother looking until the warning popped up?

-RJM
I checked it a couple times and it read full, I think around 2,000 miles and again around 3,000. I will never make it to 10,000 miles before the first oil change, I know everyone says it's fine but it goes against my nature. I think the MINI Cooper S I ordered almost 20 years ago [?] was my first vehicle with a crazy high first oil change, but I had it done around 1,000 miles on that one.
Sponsored