Harrison Performance and Tuning in Tucson, AZ

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
I just wanted to share my experience with Harrison Performance and Tuning in Tucson, AZ. What a wonderful shop! Such a friendly staff that starts with the owner (Richard). I originally took my vehicle to a local shop in Scottsdale, AZ (Wont say the name, i will let you guys figure it out). I let them know my goals and unfortunately they were not able to meet them. The ECUTek app claimed that the shop in Scottsdale had Master Tuners (they def did not have any tuners at all since they had to have someone assist remotely). I was really disappointed so i contacted Marin and he told me to come by their shop (Harrison Performance and Tuning). They installed a Visconti Flex Fuel Kit and wiped out the tune that was on my car. He then uploaded his tune and I was able to score 500whp and 600wheel torque on my 21 Supra. Even though the drive to the Scottsdale shop is 10 minutes compared to Harrison Performance which is 2 hours, the service is well worth the extra hours driving. They give you a tour of the shop which when i was there had 3-4 other Mark V's. These guys have experience in dealing with Mark V's. Marin is a magician when it comes to tuning these vehicles. I will be returning to get a Pure800 and Port Injection. Also, I had a Verus Air Oil Separator installed by the shop in Scottsdale and the Harrison Performance and Tuning team member noticed the bolts on the AOS were pretty much all loose. He immediately notified me and corrected the mistake. We were allowed to chill in the shop as the guys worked on the car. We walked around to check all the race cars they had there (Mark 4's, GTR's, Richards new R8, Turbo S2000, Lambos, etc....). If you are thinking of modifying your car, check them out. You will thank me later.

Address: 8198 S Camino de Cafe #2, Tucson, AZ 85747
Owner: Richard
EcuTek MASTER TUNER: Marin
Phone Number: (520) 664-2338

Trust me when i tell you, go there for all of your Supra needs. They treat you like family. What a wonderful place i discovered. They earned a return customer FOR SURE!
Sponsored

cactusA91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
81Celica Supra(1st Car)/Taco/Ghia/A91 Wannabe
I just wanted to share my experience with Harrison Performance and Tuning in Tucson, AZ. What a wonderful shop! Such a friendly staff that starts with the owner (Richard). I originally took my vehicle to a local shop in Scottsdale, AZ (Wont say the name, i will let you guys figure it out). I let them know my goals and unfortunately they were not able to meet them. The ECUTek app claimed that the shop in Scottsdale had Master Tuners (they def did not have any tuners at all since they had to have someone assist remotely). I was really disappointed so i contacted Marin and he told me to come by their shop (Harrison Performance and Tuning). They installed a Visconti Flex Fuel Kit and wiped out the tune that was on my car. He then uploaded his tune and I was able to score 500whp and 600wheel torque on my 21 Supra. Even though the drive to the Scottsdale shop is 10 minutes compared to Harrison Performance which is 2 hours, the service is well worth the extra hours driving. They give you a tour of the shop which when i was there had 3-4 other Mark V's. These guys have experience in dealing with Mark V's. Marin is a magician when it comes to tuning these vehicles. I will be returning to get a Pure800 and Port Injection. Also, I had a Verus Air Oil Separator installed by the shop in Scottsdale and the Harrison Performance and Tuning team member noticed the bolts on the AOS were pretty much all loose. He immediately notified me and corrected the mistake. We were allowed to chill in the shop as the guys worked on the car. We walked around to check all the race cars they had there (Mark 4's, GTR's, Richards new R8, Turbo S2000, Lambos, etc....). If you are thinking of modifying your car, check them out. You will thank me later.

Trust me when i tell you, go there for all of your Supra needs. They treat you like family. What a wonderful place i discovered. They earned a return customer FOR SURE!

Good info. Thanks for the write up. Timely too since I have been discussing this with Marin. Sounds like a road trip to TUS in the offing.

Couple of questions:

Had you already bought the EcuTek package somewhere else before you headed down?

Had you already bought the Visconti Flex kit as well?

Sounds like the G**dSp@@d guys had Visconti or someone do the remote unlock for them up there?

Just kinda wondering what kind of prep I need to do ahead of time or just show up with my checkbook?

OP
OP
George Dankha

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good info. Thanks for the write up. Timely too since I have been discussing this with Marin. Sounds like a road trip to TUS in the offing.

Couple of questions:

Had you already bought the EcuTek package somewhere else before you headed down?

Had you already bought the Visconti Flex kit as well?

Sounds like the G**dSp@@d guys had Visconti or someone do the remote unlock for them up there?

Just kinda wondering what kind of prep I need to do ahead of time or just show up with my checkbook?
I had already purchased my EcuTek package through the shop in Scottsdale. The problem was they needed to send my ECU to Florida to get unlocked. Just purchase the EcuTek Kit through Harrison because Marin can unlock the ECU (as long as you have an unlockable ECU).

Harrison Performance had the Visconti Flex Fuel Kit in stock. I would double check with them to make sure they have some in stock.

Such an amazing shop. They are very personable and friendly over there. Before he uploaded the tune, Marin asked me what kind of numbers i was expecting and wanting. He also mentioned potential issues I may run into when exceeding certain torque numbers (Trans slipping). Keep the torque levels around the 600 mark. Dont go over and you will be fine. My car is a completely different beast now. So much fun to drive.

deekum1627

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium

I agree the shop is awesome. I just had a few things done their as well!

OP
OP
George Dankha

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Best shop in Arizona. Have known Richard now for over 12 years and been taking my cars to him for almost all of that time. If I ever end up moving out of state, it will suck because Iā€™ll have to ship my cars out to him for work ?
Hands down! They are picking my car up next week for a pure800 install and their gold package ceramic coating. Oh and the magician Marin adding that special tune. 600 wheel club here i come.

OP
OP
George Dankha

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll add a counter experience.

I sent in a request for a quote to have some parts installed. The owner, Richard, responded. He kept wanting to know exactly what parts I was installing to that he could sell me those parts, despite me telling him multiple times that I was buying the parts myself.

Straight up refused to give me a quote because I didn't want to buy from him. So yea, fuck Harrison Performance.

Eden Customs is the place to go because they aren't assholes and actually know customer service.
interesting. My first couple of experiences were great with Harrison (albeit a few hiccups with some installs) but my most recent request for a quote for an upgraded transmission went unanswered...couple of different times it was requested too. I just gave up. Seems like he got pretty popular modding supercars like lambos, R8s, etc. he forgot what got him to the dance. Where is Eden Customs? Iā€™ll check ā€˜EM out

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
Eden is at 1693 W Grant Rd.

They have just as much as experience as Harrison and are way easier/nicer to deal with. Prices are better too.

OP
OP
George Dankha

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good stuff. I will reach out. Looking to upgrade my fuel system and pure transmission.

JDG520

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Eden is at 1693 W Grant Rd.

They have just as much as experience as Harrison and are way easier/nicer to deal with. Prices are better too.
Iā€™ve heard mixed results from there as well.
My old coworker had work done there and panels werenā€™t reinstalled correctly and fell off when driving.
I tread lightly with everything from car shops, to home improvement. Everyone seems to be a hack these days.
(Not saying these shops are, just saying I barely trust anyone to do it right)

that being said Harrisonā€™s did my HKS springs the next day. Not the cheapest place but the work was good. Iā€™ve also been wanting to check out EDEN as I live close.

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Iā€™ll chime in for the sake of balance/statistics.

Weā€™ve worked with Richard/Harrison a couple times in the last 6? years. All good experiences. Weā€™ve also worked with 2 shops in Scottsdale on different cars and those were ā€œgoodā€ experiences with varying degrees of personal touch.

Like anything, your experience will vary but weā€™ve found that when you treat a business like a business, you tend to do alright. When we confuse buddies and businesses, wires can get crossed - a sentiment respectfully offered from both sides of the coin.

OP
OP
George Dankha

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Iā€™ve heard mixed results from there as well.
My old coworker had work done there and panels werenā€™t reinstalled correctly and fell off when driving.
I tread lightly with everything from car shops, to home improvement. Everyone seems to be a hack these days.
(Not saying these shops are, just saying I barely trust anyone to do it right)

that being said Harrisonā€™s did my HKS springs the next day. Not the cheapest place but the work was good. Iā€™ve also been wanting to check out EDEN as I live close.
Thanks for the info. I completely agree with you. My last visit at Harrison, i had port injection installed. They removed my windshield wipers to perform the install. When reinstalling, they didnā€™t install the passenger side wiper. When i received my car, i took it to work. It rained that night and was driving through PV (really dark). Went to turn my wipers and they didnā€™t work. It was a nightmare. In all fairness, Richard came to my house to try and repair (apparently adjusting wipers on the MKV is the hardest work to perform on that car. Unbelievably difficultā€¦i tried myself) the wiper but was unsuccessful. He took my car back to his shop had it fixed and delivered back to me.
Sponsored