• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Have you gotten a CEL with your "No CEL guarantee" catted downpipes? (no tune!)

For those who aren't tuned, did you eventually get a CEL on your "No CEL Guarantee" catted downpipe?

• Total voters

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Mostly out of curiosity since I've noticed some have had a CEL come up eventually with virtually every "no CEL" catted downpipe, I decided to start a poll.

Are there any truly *no CEL* catted downpipes out there?

(This is for non-tuned folks and those who have locked '21 DME units.)
Sponsored

FastRice

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A 91 Supra, 2002 Acura NSX, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
21ā€™ no tune, armaspeed intake, armytrix exhaust and as catted downpipe and no cel.
Itā€™s much quicker to accelerate than it was stock. Spins the tires easier but just right not excessive spin and then hooks and goes like hell!
Mostly out of curiosity since I've noticed some have had a CEL come up eventually with virtually every "no CEL" catted downpipe, I decided to start a poll.

Are there any truly *no CEL* catted downpipes out there?

(This is for non-tuned folks and those who have locked '21 DME units.)

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks for doing this. I think you need an ā€œotherā€ selection since you donā€™t have CG Precision, for example. Thereā€™s also a few other non-name brand downpipe out there. People will come in and claim Active Autowerke is the only one that absolutely will not throw a code but not sure if that is true.

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for doing this. I think you need an ā€œotherā€ selection since you donā€™t have CG Precision, for example. Thereā€™s also a few other non-name brand downpipe out there. People will come in and claim Active Autowerke is the only one that absolutely will not throw a code but not sure if that is true.
Thanks! Great idea. I've added the DS-1 as well as an "other" option. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21ā€™ no tune, armaspeed intake, armytrix exhaust and as catted downpipe and no cel.
Itā€™s much quicker to accelerate than it was stock. Spins the tires easier but just right not excessive spin and then hooks and goes like hell!
Awesome! Thank you for the input.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I got a CEL using the MXP catted downpipe right before I got tuned by Mike Botti. If you can, tune it and dont look back.

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm a dumbass for posting this is the MARKETPLACE section of Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, etc and not the technical section. :doh:

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got a CEL using the MXP catted downpipe right before I got tuned by Mike Botti. If you can, tune it and dont look back.
I can tune it, theoretically, since my ECU is pre lock date. It's just that the B58 is a pretty penny if something were to go wrong.

I'm more concerned about this warranty than when I supercharged and tuned my BRZ as the FA20 motors are fairly cheap and easily swapped in most home garages with a buddy and some regular tools. The B58 is fairly more complex and expensive. Plus it already has plenty of power as is. That was far from the case with the 86/BRZ twins.

I'd like a no-CEL guaranteed catted DP just for the extra growl and better throttle response from the quicker spool-up.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten 3.0 Premium, 2020 Lexus RC350 FSport
I can tune it, theoretically, since my ECU is pre lock date. It's just that the B58 is a pretty penny if something were to go wrong.

I'm more concerned about this warranty than when I supercharged and tuned my BRZ as the FA20 motors are fairly cheap and easily swapped in most home garages with a buddy and some regular tools. The B58 is fairly more complex and expensive. Plus it already has plenty of power as is. That was far from the case with the 86/BRZ twins.

I'd like a no-CEL guaranteed catted DP just for the extra growl and better throttle response from the quicker spool-up.
I'm of pretty much the same mind. I'm especially interested in if anyone has had the AA downpipe throw a CEL.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
In for results. I'm in the same boat. I want more racket on demand, but don't necessarily NEED more power.

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any post 6/2020 ECU owners having luck with your catted downpipes? Please reply. ?

tenzoxt

First Name
Tenzo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5
From my experience with a catted downpipe, if you let the engine heat up to temp before driving, it wonā€™t come on. Iā€™ve had a occasions in which the cel will pop on almost immediately if you just start up the engine and go. I hope that helps.

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From my experience with a catted downpipe, if you let the engine heat up to temp before driving, it wonā€™t come on. Iā€™ve had a occasions in which the cel will pop on almost immediately if you just start up the engine and go. I hope that helps.
Good to know, thanks! I usually wait to drive after the idle settles down under 1k rpm, right around 1:30 after cold start.

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
21, pre lock ECU. AMS downpipe, AMS intake, JB4 running MAP 3. No check engine.
Sponsored