NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
So last night for the first time I flashed my car to Bm3's E30 ots map, I drained the tank almost fully, Mixed it perfectly to e30, except I did not take into account that the fuel at my local station is probably not perfect 85, did not test it, but after some avg maths, I am guessing I had put in e22-e25, not full e30, last night it was fine, drove for 10 miles out of boost letting it mix properly, then I did a few pulls, It felt a little quicker, nothing crazy, this morning I went for a drive, it felt even quicker, running perfect. Than after breakfast, I left and did a first gear pull, the car hit the limiter for half a second, I shifted up and all of a sudden it felt like the car had no boost, hit a brick wall. I slowed down, went through the gears and it definitely felt like no boost or some serious fuel cut, still fairly smooth just very slow, turned it off an on and it was fine. later that day on the dyno, the first run, he took it all the way to redline and let off, car made 439/483tq in 95 degree weather. than the next 2 runs it made 250-270 wheel, so again no boost or fuel, we took it off, turned car off, went for a pull, was totally fine, than a second pull fine, third no boost again. No codes or anything on the dash, went back to the dyno, used my OBDlink Mx and the app and it showed no codes, than used a better scanner showed some some weird transmission code, not letting it use full power due to abs issue idk, something weird and random, cleared it, went out,

car was fine for a little bit but after about an hour it started doing the same thing, everytime I would turn the car on and off again it would be fine again till I would do a pull too close to redline and than it would just cut the power till I turned it off and on again. I went an added .75 gallons of E worrying that it was not enough E cause people told me low e can cause that, but just tried again, car feels fast as F, but randomly started doing it again, of and on, it works. car is throwing no CEL, or drivetrain malfunction, when it is making normal power car is insanely fast, but than that happens. No one has any idea what it can be in our local chat, It is not the charge pipe, I still have stock but we checked, it is not the intake inlet, so we don't think boost leak, It has to be electronic. I think I am just going back to 93, even tho it will be hard to go back to 93 power haha. But I want the car to run right, simple mods, DP, bm3 ots e30, bms intake, awe exhaust, and the FTP inlet pipe. car has been perfect until now.
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
So last night for the first time I flashed my car to Bm3's E30 ots map, I drained the tank almost fully, Mixed it perfectly to e30, except I did not take into account that the fuel at my local station is probably not perfect 85, did not test it, but after some avg maths, I am guessing I had put in e22-e25, not full e30, last night it was fine, drove for 10 miles out of boost letting it mix properly, then I did a few pulls, It felt a little quicker, nothing crazy, this morning I went for a drive, it felt even quicker, running perfect. Than after breakfast, I left and did a first gear pull, the car hit the limiter for half a second, I shifted up and all of a sudden it felt like the car had no boost, hit a brick wall. I slowed down, went through the gears and it definitely felt like no boost or some serious fuel cut, still fairly smooth just very slow, turned it off an on and it was fine. later that day on the dyno, the first run, he took it all the way to redline and let off, car made 439/483tq in 95 degree weather. than the next 2 runs it made 250-270 wheel, so again no boost or fuel, we took it off, turned car off, went for a pull, was totally fine, than a second pull fine, third no boost again. No codes or anything on the dash, went back to the dyno, used my OBDlink Mx and the app and it showed no codes, than used a better scanner showed some some weird transmission code, not letting it use full power due to abs issue idk, something weird and random, cleared it, went out,

car was fine for a little bit but after about an hour it started doing the same thing, everytime I would turn the car on and off again it would be fine again till I would do a pull too close to redline and than it would just cut the power till I turned it off and on again. I went an added .75 gallons of E worrying that it was not enough E cause people told me low e can cause that, but just tried again, car feels fast as F, but randomly started doing it again, of and on, it works. car is throwing no CEL, or drivetrain malfunction, when it is making normal power car is insanely fast, but than that happens. No one has any idea what it can be in our local chat, It is not the charge pipe, I still have stock but we checked, it is not the intake inlet, so we don't think boost leak, It has to be electronic. I think I am just going back to 93, even tho it will be hard to go back to 93 power haha. But I want the car to run right, simple mods, DP, bm3 ots e30, bms intake, awe exhaust, and the FTP inlet pipe. car has been perfect until now.
Oh man, you broke the turbolator valve. ?

-RJM

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Limp mode. Torque limiter activated, and went into limp mode. Reflash the map. also, it's always better to run a stronger mix than weaker. Plus, to stop limp mode from hitting, disable VSC, it makes the torque limiter the least sensitive it can be.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My car does that every now and then, either when i'm low on fuel sloshing everywhere, half throttling the car but with hesitation whether or not i wanna floor it(causes confusion within the TPS and the ecu doesn't know whether to dump more fuel or no), my rear tires catch air, or if i forgot to disable VSC when doing a pull. Other than that, if you avoid those, you'll be fine. I did 15 straight back to back datalog pulls from 40-140 cause i was trying to datalog a certain pull where my car triggers limp mode so i can send them to MHD for a revised OTS E30 map. Within those 15 pulls, none of them triggered limp mode cause i didn't fall under the requirements to trigger it. Was pretty pissed but actually stoked cause that was 15 hard fucking pulls back to back.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
My car does that every now and then, either when i'm low on fuel sloshing everywhere, half throttling the car but with hesitation whether or not i wanna floor it(causes confusion within the TPS and the ecu doesn't know whether to dump more fuel or no), my rear tires catch air, or if i forgot to disable VSC when doing a pull. Other than that, if you avoid those, you'll be fine. I did 15 straight back to back datalog pulls from 40-140 cause i was trying to datalog a certain pull where my car triggers limp mode so i can send them to MHD for a revised OTS E30 map. Within those 15 pulls, none of them triggered limp mode cause i didn't fall under the requirements to trigger it. Was pretty pissed but actually stoked cause that was 15 hard fucking pulls back to back.
Okay I am going to reflash it right now, car is almost empty but you think I should try e30 again and not just go back to 93? it only happened full throttle when it hit the limiter, and I did it both ways, normal mode, sport traction and VSC off, it would happen, I don't drive VSC off all the time and don't want that to be a requirement of doing pulls.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
Okay I am going to reflash it right now, car is almost empty but you think I should try e30 again and not just go back to 93? it only happened full throttle when it hit the limiter, and I did it both ways, normal mode, sport traction and VSC off, it would happen, I don't drive VSC off all the time and don't want that to be a requirement of doing pulls.
I'm wondering if you still aren't at the correct Ethanol blend for your tune and the car is going into a form of limp mode via the BM3 tune. As for mixing the Ethanol, if you don't plan on running a full fledged flex fuel capable tune, I would advise getting the Fuel-It Ethanol Analyzer. It's a straight forward install, only takes about 30-40 minutes from start to finish, costs roughly $350 USD Plus the purchase of $4.99 for the App from the App store, but it will show you your actual Ethanol blend perfectly without you having to guess. Also as mentioned before, it is always better to have a higher E blend percentage than lower, so say for example you were trying to get to an E30 mixture, instead of landing right on E30 or E28 or E29, you would want to be closer to E35-E37ish just to be safe.

I'm also running MHD and will be swapping to an OTS E30 or OTS E50 map once my Fuel-it Analyzer kit arrives, assuming by this time MHD has reached out to me to let me know why my B58 Super License tunes aren't the same tunes other Supra owners are seeing. For example, someone with the B58 Super License and a 2020 Supra see's an OTS E30 map, while myself, with the B58 Super License on my 2021 Car, I don't see the OTS E30 map, instead I see an OTS E50 map.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Not enough E shouldn't kick the car into limp mode, but you were kicked into limp mode. Something isn't quite right there. To reset limp mode you need to complete a full ignition cycle (meaning open the doors and wait 6 minutes for all electronics to reset).

E20-25 isn't a HUGE deal, but something odd is going on there. As suggested above, reflash with your E30 map at some point.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also, have you tried datalogging and purposely getting this to occur while logging? Perhaps you could capture this through the MHD datalogging software and send it to MHD for them review it and see if it has anything to do with the E30 map or perhaps something else. Whats the mileage on your car? I'm wondering if that little bit of extra power from the E30 map is causing your transmission to have issues due to mileage or wear and tear, and perhaps it's putting itself into a limp mode to protect the transmission? I dunno, just sounds weird that none of these issues presented themselves until you loaded up the E30 map.

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Not enough E shouldn't kick the car into limp mode, but you were kicked into limp mode. Something isn't quite right there. To reset limp mode you need to complete a full ignition cycle (meaning open the doors and wait 6 minutes for all electronics to reset).

E20-25 isn't a HUGE deal, but something odd is going on there. As suggested above, reflash with your E30 map at some point.
That would I thought, I could imagine it running rougher and maybe a misfire or just slow, but itā€™s definitely limp mode, but for it to go away I can literally be on the highway at 70, Iā€™ll put it in N and hold start button, and then right away turn the car back on and it is perfectly fine. I reflasued my e30 map this morning ajd reset adaptations. It did it again. I flashed back to 93 and it is fine

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Also, have you tried datalogging and purposely getting this to occur while logging? Perhaps you could capture this through the MHD datalogging software and send it to MHD for them review it and see if it has anything to do with the E30 map or perhaps something else. Whats the mileage on your car? I'm wondering if that little bit of extra power from the E30 map is causing your transmission to have issues due to mileage or wear and tear, and perhaps it's putting itself into a limp mode to protect the transmission? I dunno, just sounds weird that none of these issues presented themselves until you loaded up the E30 map.
Yes I did the data long on bm3 and got it too ā€œbreakā€ I need to figure out how to export and send to bm3. It also Maxā€™s out at 270-290 hp on the sport display when it happens, on and off and floor it ajd it is fine. Itā€™s back on 93 but damn is it slow compared to e. I want to run e but canā€™t deal with this. My car is a 2020 wjth 10k miles. It has never been tracked or dragged, I had it serviced the day before I went to e30 with new 5w-40. Car is driven in comfort mode most of the week anyway.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Having a similar issue as this now on my MHD E50 OTS Map. MHD is reading the fault code as 'insufficient fuel for performance level." Drives fine until around 100mph and WOT, then goes into limp mode. But holy hell it pulls so hard!!

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
Having a similar issue as this now on my MHD E50 OTS Map. MHD is reading the fault code as 'insufficient fuel for performance level." Drives fine until around 100mph and WOT, then goes into limp mode. But holy hell it pulls so hard!!
Custom tuning is probably gonna be your best bet on e50. I am tuned on Ecutek and did get a few limps when I initially tuned on e50. After a few logs and pulls we found there were some drops in fueling that would happen between 5th and 6th gears.

I had multiple 11.0x 1/4 mile passes where the car would limp into 5th gear before I got the updated revision, so hopefully I'll get a clean pass soon.

Reactions: zrk

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Finally some one who has the same issue iv been trying to fix for months.. my tuner could not figure it out till literally last week I was able to data log and show him it happening. I donā€™t get any codes either, didnā€™t matter if I was e85 or 91. I had the same 250hp/tq issue. Did you find a solution?

OP
OP
NitroYellowMKV

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Finally some one who has the same issue iv been trying to fix for months.. my tuner could not figure it out till literally last week I was able to data log and show him it happening. I donā€™t get any codes either, didnā€™t matter if I was e85 or 91. I had the same 250hp/tq issue. Did you find a solution?
It is the transmission going into limp mode because of tq is what I was told. I ended up swapping to ecutek and custom tuning, have not had the issue again.

Sikh_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
It is the transmission going into limp mode because of tq is what I was told. I ended up swapping to ecutek and custom tuning, have not had the issue again.
It happens to me even Iā€™m not pushing the car hard. Iā€™m on ECUTEK. but my tuner wonā€™t have time till end of January to look at it ?
Sponsored