HKS Carbon Strut Braces-A90 MKV Supra 2020+?

SKW-TX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro Yellow
Has anyone seen any information on this, price & availability? Was going to order the Cusco one, but after seeing this, I am much more interested in a carbon one. I don't see anything on the HKS site, have only seen it on the speed industry page (below), but it has no real info. Just trying to fish for some possible details.... Thanks

https://speedindustry.com/hks-carbon-strut-braces-a90-mkv-supra-2020
Sponsored

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
I am definitely looking forward to these coming out.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Has anyone seen any information on this, price & availability? Was going to order the Cusco one, but after seeing this, I am much more interested in a carbon one. I don't see anything on the HKS site, have only seen it on the speed industry page (below), but it has no real info. Just trying to fish for some possible details.... Thanks

https://speedindustry.com/hks-carbon-strut-braces-a90-mkv-supra-2020
been looking for something different myself. I do remember seeing a carbon fiber sleeve that goes over our oem ones but can’t find that anymore. Anyhow, let me know if you come across more news on the HKS. ✌?

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
Has anyone heard results of this? I would imagine that like all CF, this would not be so compliant to the extended rotational force put through it day after day. CF is great at holding its shape, but not so great at bending, flexing and especially twisting.

OP
OP

SKW-TX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro Yellow
Has anyone heard results of this? I would imagine that like all CF, this would not be so compliant to the extended rotational force put through it day after day. CF is great at holding its shape, but not so great at bending, flexing and especially twisting.
Not sure I understand the question here. CF is stronger than steel when applied in many situations and used to make driveshafts in high HP vehicles, not to mention CF tubs in exotics. I sure would not be worried about a CF rear brace, especially in this scenario.

Burgerman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Prem,
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this being used for front brace applications? Sorry about that.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I also want

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
NV Specialties makes one right now that you can buy. It looks and works great.

-RJM
Does this flex up and down like the stock silver one or is it sturdy? Did it come with its own hardware kit or used the stuff from the stock "bar"? Old thread but I'm interested in this CF bar. Thanks

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Does this flex up and down like the stock silver one or is it sturdy? Did it come with its own hardware kit or used the stuff from the stock "bar"? Old thread but I'm interested in this CF bar. Thanks
It doesn’t flex up and down. The brace actually slides back and forth as intended. There are elongated slots at the mounting points that allow the bar some give when the car flexes, see below.

You reuse the OEM hardware to mount it. The bolts aren’t super tight. They’re there just to secure it.

If you’re looking for a solid brace with no give then a metal tubing style is your best bet.

-RJM

50036E9C-C53C-496E-825F-3E844EB2411C.jpeg
Sponsored