Houston Area Toyota Dealer Service

melz7688

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nike Airs
Hey Houston folks, I’m in the market for a 2021 3.0 Prem and the experience with the Houston area dealers have been less than great - no one is giving me answers other than MSRP and they all want me to go to the dealer to talk (not doing that). They tell me it’s a “rare” car. We all love the car but I think it’s all hyperbole to get me to buy at MSRP. Hate this game that we play with the dealers. Will probably need to go outside the area.

However, my question is - where do y’all get your Supras serviced? At the dealers? Based on how I’m being treated by the sales teams, I have very little confidence in the Toyota dealer handling the Supra because it isn’t a Corolla or Camry. Maybe I’m wrong but would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Melz
Sponsored

NoMoreMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR, 2003 Subaru WRX
I got mine at Mike Calvert.

Every TX dealer made me go in too. It seems they don't want to give quotes over the phone/online.

KumoKumo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nitro Yellow 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I got mine at Mike Calvert.

Every TX dealer made me go in too. It seems they don't want to give quotes over the phone/online.
My experience w/ Mike Calvert was the salesman trying to get me to buy a 2.0 when I stated multiple times that I was only interested in a 3.0 premium. He insisted that the b58 is made by BMW, and the b48 is made by Toyota, therefore being more reliable. Told him no thanks and walked out the dealership as soon as he said that.

Was so annoyed at the blatant lie.

Back on topic - I took my Supra to Sterling McCall Toyota Houston on 59 to get my navigation activated. Toyota of Dallas never activated it during PDI. Spoke to George and he was pretty informative and communicative. Probably going to be taking my car to him for my servicing in the future.

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
Call Keith Yeomans, Bryan College Station Toyota, 979-776-0404.
Discounted price.
I never left my home including delivery.
Please tell Keith that I told you to call him.
Earl Mullen

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2005 Z4
I ended up buying my 2.0 from Mike Calvert. Cant say the experience was stellar, but after talking to 4 dealers about 3.0's and them expecting me to pay sticker for a car I haven't even driven, I ended up looking at 2.0's. Mike Calvert wouldn't even negotiate on the 2.0 or let me drive it, until I filled out some inquiry on True Car. Then a different salesman contacted me and had me come drive it. I ended up having to renegotiate the offer they showed me through True Car, which was annoying, but in the end they ended up beating that offer by $1000.

I also had negotiated a pretty good deal on a 2.0 at All Star Toyota in Baton Rouge, but decided I didn't want to drive out there to finish everything or deal with shipping.

I'm currently in the process of cancelling all the finance office shit they sold me, as the finance manager was basically straight up lying about what he was selling me.

I'll probably end up getting service at Autonation Gulf Freeway.

OP
OP

melz7688

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nike Airs
Thanks guys for all the input.

The local stealers evidently stopped dealing with me when I insisted several times over for a price in emails - all they will tell me is MSRP less rebate. These cars are in demand one guy told me and I shot back that rebates are not needed for cars in high demand - yet there was a $1,500 at the time. That severed the communications channel for good! These are no longer MSRP cars - all you have to do is do a wider search and trust in our fellow forum members about their purchase prices. I wonder if any of them are true enthusiasts and frequent these forums.

Pretty unprofessional but that's the game they play - they'd rather have the car sit thinking it's all that rather than to move it and get it off the showroom floor. At the Sterling McCall, they have one with a manufacture date of 11/20. So it's been there since Feb or so gathering dust.

Looks like I have a road trip ahead of me out of town for the 3.0 Prem. Now the decision is 21 or 22 - thankfully I don't need the car right away, but sure do want one right away :)

Melz

NoMoreMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR, 2003 Subaru WRX
That sucks to hear. I'll probably be in the market for a Supra in a week or two.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
In NY, in March, some dealers were asking $10k - $15k over MSRP!

We ended up getting ~9% off MSRP. We had to negotiate and walked out because the sales guy was acting rude. The dealer called to apologize so we went though with it.

The argument I had was the car had been sitting there a year so not exactly a "hot" seller.

Keep looking and go out of state if you have to.

Kinny

First Name
Kinny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, RDX, Tacoma, Yaris
Noobie here. I was looking at a 3.0 Premium and had all kinds of dealerships calling, texting, and emailing me in the Houston area wanting to sell the car at MSRP. I know cars are at a ridiculous prices right now due to the silicon chip shortage. I widen my search and found the Supra I wanted at Toyota of Hackensack in New Jersey. They were able to sell the car at almost $4k under MSRP. Flying out there next week to pick her up and break her in on the way back. :cool:

2k20HTownMKV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra; 2017 Lexus RX 350 F sport; 2013 Honda Accord (daily)
Vehicle Showcase
i take mine in for service at Sterling Mccall Toyota on 59. My Service Advisor is Rick and have not ever had an issue with it there.

OP
OP

melz7688

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nike Airs
Noobie here. I was looking at a 3.0 Premium and had all kinds of dealerships calling, texting, and emailing me in the Houston area wanting to sell the car at MSRP. I know cars are at a ridiculous prices right now due to the silicon chip shortage. I widen my search and found the Supra I wanted at Toyota of Hackensack in New Jersey. They were able to sell the car at almost $4k under MSRP. Flying out there next week to pick her up and break her in on the way back. :cool:
Nice! I see they have eight 3.0s available. I spent several years living in northern NJ so very familiar with area. May just have to go back to the old stomping grounds to pick it up.

I have no idea what the dealers in Houston are thinking... SMH.

Have a safe trip up there and back!

Melz

OP
OP

melz7688

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nike Airs
i take mine in for service at Sterling Mccall Toyota on 59. My Service Advisor is Rick and have not ever had an issue with it there.
Thanks. Good to know. That's two votes for Sterling McCall.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I had AutoNation Corpus and Austin fighting each other (Corpus won) and picked up my '21 3.0 premium back last August when the '21s first hit the lots and anything under MSRP was unheard of.... $3500 Off MSRP and did the deal with a trade over the phone and the web... In and out in less than an hour after my test drive. <12 miles on it when I drove away.... Arnold Balboa treated me good. :thumbsup:

Kinny

First Name
Kinny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, RDX, Tacoma, Yaris
Nice! I see they have eight 3.0s available. I spent several years living in northern NJ so very familiar with area. May just have to go back to the old stomping grounds to pick it up.

I have no idea what the dealers in Houston are thinking... SMH.

Have a safe trip up there and back!

Melz
Thanks! I am making a vacation out of this at the same time. lol. The salesman told me they are the largest Supra dealer in the east coast. Toyota shipped them 25 at one time. One of my friends also told me that our areas get their Toyotas from Gulf Coast Toyota and they are not getting them directly from Toyota. Hence the MSRP.

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
NOOO you bought that Grey one didn't you? agh you beat me to it.
Sponsored