How did first service go at Toyota?

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
Who has had their first service at Toyota and how did Toyota do?
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It was mostly fine. They wanted to rotate my tires... aside from that, it was smooth. I did make sure they have all the parts in stock behorehand though. Overall, took about 3 hrs.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
It was mostly fine. They wanted to rotate my tires... aside from that, it was smooth. I did make sure they have all the parts in stock behorehand though. Overall, took about 3 hrs.
How do you rotate staggered tires? L-R? Whatā€™s the point. Never had staggered tires so maybe a stoopid newbie question.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How do you rotate staggered tires? L-R? Whatā€™s the point. Never had staggered tires so maybe a stoopid newbie question.
You don't. They just failed to realized that for some reason so they wanted to rotate mine. Made for some awkward silence.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
You don't. They just failed to realized that for some reason so they wanted to rotate mine. Made for some awkward silence.
Thanks, thought so.

NYCDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
I had the common battery issue, went in and they had to register the battery, everything was fine with that thankfully. Also found out the PDI at the dealership I purchased the car from wasn't fully preformed, bump steps were never removed from front struts. Car runs alot smoother now....

roadtripper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Mine went really well, The service manager has a supra, And the assigned tech had lots of European experience.

OP
OP
Grendel-13

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just had my first service done at the dealer in St Charles. Every thing went well with the service. It was done in less than three hours. They have two techs that are trained on the Supra. They had already done service for a few others. If you go don't plan on it being done in 45 minutes. I've been spoiled by BMW service on my 4 series where you get a loaner every time you have service done. I just had my brother follow me in another car, and came back to get it when they called. Luckily they are less than 10 minutes from where I live.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was kinda a nightmare. Iā€™m in CA btw. Brought it to my local Redwood City dealer only for them to tell me 4 hours after waiting they donā€™t have the right oil. Wasnā€™t happy, took off with the car. Called up the dealer I bought it from in Santa Cruz, (an hour + away from me) and told them to double check they have the right parts for this car and I made an appointment for the next day. Next day rolls around, I show up there in the afternoon, wait 2.5 hours only for them to tell me they ordered the wrong oil filter. FML :banghead:. At this point itā€™s close to closing time for them and Iā€™m stranded in Santa Cruz so they gave me a loaner car to use for a night. At least the Camry was an actual Toyota lol. All jokes aside the third day is when they were finally able to change my oil, and I got to enjoy a nice drive home.

TLDR Took them 3 days to change my oil.

OP
OP
Grendel-13

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine was kinda a nightmare. Iā€™m in CA btw. Brought it to my local Redwood City dealer only for them to tell me 4 hours after waiting they donā€™t have the right oil. Wasnā€™t happy, took off with the car. Called up the dealer I bought it from in Santa Cruz, (an hour + away from me) and told them to double check they have the right parts for this car and I made an appointment for the next day. Next day rolls around, I show up there in the afternoon, wait 2.5 hours only for them to tell me they ordered the wrong oil filter. FML :banghead:. At this point itā€™s close to closing time for them and Iā€™m stranded in Santa Cruz so they gave me a loaner car to use for a night. At least the Camry was an actual Toyota lol. All jokes aside the third day is when they were finally able to change my oil, and I got to enjoy a nice drive home.

TLDR Took them 3 days to change my oil.
That sucks, at least they gave you a loaner. Hopefully as Toyota sells more of the Supra, more of the dealers will figure out how to get the service done right.
Years ago I had problems like that with a Honda dealer when I had a Delsol. The car had issues where after about 2 years they had to replace the inner door skins because they would develop a crack after time. In the process of fixing them the scratched the plastic plate where the window buttons were. So then they would have to order parts to fix that which meant another trip to the dealer. When they were fixing the drivers side, I waited at the dealer for 2 hours, and then the Service guy comes out, He was smart enough to give me the coupon for a free oil change and tire rotation first, then he told me they had the wrong part, it was for passenger side which is completely different. I don't know why it took them 2 hours to figure it out. Sometimes a good dealer for servicing is hard to find.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Word to the wise, if anyone is in NorCal donā€™t even bother with Toyota 101 in Redwood City. They wonā€™t touch warranty issues. Steer clear of. They did this to me with my Supra and sienna minivan as well.

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Thanks, thought so.
Depending on which type of tires you have but here is how you rotate RWD staggered wheels. It's done more frequently on RR due to the toe and engine weight.

staggered-wheel-tire-rotation-pattern-B_b.jpg

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
Did you guys wait until 10,000 miles? I happened to go to a dealer last week to see if they really wait that long before changing oil. All he could tell me is that is what Toyota calls for. He also mentioned that only their Master Tech works on Supras.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you guys wait until 10,000 miles? I happened to go to a dealer last week to see if they really wait that long before changing oil. All he could tell me is that is what Toyota calls for. He also mentioned that only their Master Tech works on Supras.
No did mine at 3400 or so miles. I don't think I'll have 10k miles even by my second service.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Most here do a 1k, some do 3k and 5k especially if they run their car hard.
Sponsored