jjkoch0289

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra LE, TRD Pro 4Runner
Vehicle Showcase
My Supra is my first sports car and I've had it for a few weeks now. I mastered doing donuts in no time but I can't figure out how to do a really good burnout. I've tried launch control. I've tried turning traction control off, depressing the brake and pressing the gas and slowly letting off the brake. While I definitely get the tires to spin, I don't get a really solid burnout. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Sponsored

LS3Twins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 1998 E36 M3 LS3 Twin Turbo
My Supra is my first sports car and I've had it for a few weeks now. I mastered doing donuts in no time but I can't figure out how to do a really good burnout. I've tried launch control. I've tried turning traction control off, depressing the brake and pressing the gas and slowly letting off the brake. While I definitely get the tires to spin, I don't get a really solid burnout. Any recommendations? Thanks.
1. Put the car in sport mode.
2. Hold the traction contol button until it is completely off.
3. Put the shifter in manual mode at a stop and it should go into 1st.
4. Hold the brake just enough to keep the car from moving and apply the throttle 75-100%.
5. It will start spinning and once the rpms get to 4k pull the paddles and get it into 2nd gear.
6. From here just keep the brake pressed just hard enough to keep your car from moving and you can apply throttle to control the tire speed.
7. Enjoy!

You can go to my instagram page @LS3Twins to see what that looks like. Haha

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OP
OP
jjkoch0289

jjkoch0289

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
4. Hold the brake just enough to keep the car from moving and apply the throttle 75-100%.
5. It will start spinning and once the rpms get to 4k pull the paddles and get it into 2nd gear.
6. From here just keep the brake pressed just hard enough to keep your car from moving and you can apply throttle to control the tire speed.
7. Enjoy!

GAME. CHANGER.

I was just hitting the traction control button and not holding it down. Smoke for days!!! Thanks for the tips!

tedan628

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Sti, 2005 Forester XT
theres a small red switch under the steering wheel..very well hidden cos toyota doesnt want people to be encouraged to do burnouts all the time.

if you look under the steering wheel carefully, you can spot this switch that says "SEND IT"

enjoy!

OP
OP
jjkoch0289

jjkoch0289

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
theres a small red switch under the steering wheel..very well hidden cos toyota doesnt want people to be encouraged to do burnouts all the time.

if you look under the steering wheel carefully, you can spot this switch that says "SEND IT"

enjoy!
HA!

DioParker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fame-usa.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Prem, 2019 Toyota Sienna LTD Prem
GAME. CHANGER.
I was just hitting the traction control button and not holding it down. Smoke for days!!! Thanks for the tips!
NEXT QUESTION: Where can I buy new rear tires - cheap?
;)

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
7. Enjoy!

It's easier said than done. At least for me, lol. Probably had the brake pressed too hard.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
" 6. From here just keep the brake pressed just hard enough to keep your car from moving and you can apply throttle to control the tire speed. "

We just sacrificing the rear brakes to the car Gods or we just try not to think about it? All kidding aside, I always wondered how they did that.

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
1. Install line lock
2. Activate line lock
3. Mash it
The CANBUS wiring to the ecu connector scares the shit out of me. It's a section of this car I want to avoid as much as possible. lol

If only there was a software option Vs hardware.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The CANBUS wiring to the ecu connector scares the shit out of me. It's a section of this car I want to avoid as much as possible. lol

If only there was a software option Vs hardware.
Then don't do can bus? I know twisted tuning sells a CANBus system, but everyone I know just usesa regular button.

ArmenLS1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Type R
Then don't do can bus? I know twisted tuning sells a CANBus system, but everyone I know just usesa regular button.
Which kit do you recommend? I've only seen the twisted tuning one.
Sponsored