How much clearance needed to replace exhaust?

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
I'm (hopefully) going to replace my exhaust this weekend. I don't have access to a lift, so the car will have to be placed either on jack stands, or ramps.

Most jack stands I've seen offer between 10-15" of room, but I don't know how much I would need to comfortably do this? Ramps may be better since the tires add some height.

Open to tips or suggestions. Thanks.
Sponsored

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
I did mine in my parking garage with jackstands without issue. The only thing that was a pain that I didn't expect is that the entire exhaust from the downpipe back is a single piece for some reason so it took a bit of wiggling to get it out but I did it by myself in an afternoon or so.

Silleck

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Make sure you have jack stand adapters. I messed up first trying to install mine and realized I needed adapters to jack it up properly lol

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Did mine in my driveway with 10" race ramps under the rear wheels. Disconnecting/connecting the exhaust by the DP was a little tight but it wasn't terrible.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Iā€™ll be installing my Tomei Type D this weekend. I have dyno ramps and Jack stands.
I do remember installing my downpipe. I had clearance but I had to wiggle under and out of the bottom of the car

OP
OP
RD29

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Cool, thanks for the assurance guys. I bought a new set of jack stands (and adapters) that should give about 16" of clearance. I also got the Tomei Type D, can't wait to hear how it sounds!

OP
OP
RD29

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
The install went pretty good this weekend. The biggest PITA was getting the car jacked up. Had to try 3 different jacks before we got one that could reach the jacking points and give the height needed for the stands.

The install itself was pretty easy once we got the car up. I need to go back and fix some of the alignment for the tips, but no bad vibrations or leaks!

OP
OP
RD29

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Sound clips pls :)
I have a GoPro mic'd up externally clipped onto the rear license plate. This is in sport-mode. Car is stock otherwise. I'm going to get some better clips thrown together eventually.

OP
OP
RD29

RD29

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Cold start and some slow driving.

Sponsored