How much would you pay for this 2020 Launch edition?

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hey guys,

I found a 2020 Launch edition in red with CF mirrors in North california. Dealer currently has a markup of $6k. I know it's crazy. I am trying to convince them to lower the price and remove the markup. Considering there were not many dealers in and around the bay area selling 2020's with all the crazy deals I read here, how much would you pay for the car?

The last 2020 I was trying to haggle was a red 3.0 premium with CF mirrors, got sold at $54k without the rebate. MSRP was $57.5k so a dealer discount of $3500. Including rebate the price was $50.5k. I was trying to haggle more but someone bought it at that price.

Now I am haggling for a deal on this launch edition.
Sponsored

Last edited:

YungMercureal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Supra - Nitro Yellow
To be completely honest I wouldn't want to pay any more for a launch edition than a normal premium. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the launch editions holding value any better than other premiums. I just don't think there's enough different about them to make them worth it. To be completely transparent though, I never really was interested in black, white, or red as my color choice. They aren't really special to me. I thought I also read somewhere here that the VINs were not special either, so I just don't really know if they can hold value any better.

Best of luck with negotiations.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
To be completely honest I wouldn't want to pay any more for a launch edition than a normal premium. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the launch editions holding value any better than other premiums. I just don't think there's enough different about them to make them worth it. To be completely transparent though, I never really was interested in black, white, or red as my color choice. They aren't really special to me. I thought I also read somewhere here that the VINs were not special either, so I just don't really know if they can hold value any better.

Best of luck with negotiations.
I completely agree with that. ut who is going to explain the dealership that. There are hardly any 2020's left on the west coast!!

kiroshino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 WRX STI
OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I didn't look that hard, but here's one listed for $52.5k in Connecticut: https://www.middletowntoyota.com/ve...toyota-supra-launch-edition-WZ1DB4C07LW022661

You can literally buy it and have it shipped for cheaper than that $6k markup.

Completely agreed with YungMercureal. I wouldn't pay more for a Launch Edition over a Premium, unless you're set on getting a Launch Edition.
No this is selling for $57k. The 4500 is toyota rebate which is 3500 in California and applicable here as well. But anyways I get your point.

I'd rather get a cheaper 2021 sand ship it here rather than shipping a 2020.
Sponsored