www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Didn't watch/read all of them yet, but some pertinent into for the hybrid Tacos:

A few reviews mentioned that even with the iForce Max the acceleration isn't great (it's 500+/- lbs heavier than the Taco) and in the Kirk Kreifels/TRD Jon video they directly compare the ride to the Trailhunter suspension, saying the LC is much smoother on the trail but that the OME suspension was not as stiff as expected. Other minor things mentioned are the LC seats are more comfortable, the interior in the Trailhunter is more trucky/less premium feeling, and the visibility in the LC is better. So, no big surprises, although a little disappointing that the power of the iForce Max, at least in the LC, doesn't sound all that impressive.

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Anyone catch a review mention anything about headroom vs. Tacoma or 4runner?

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
A few reviews mentioned that even with the iForce Max the acceleration isn't great (it's 500+/- lbs heavier than the Taco)
I wonder how much extra weight this is due to it being a SUV versus a pickup. For example a 5th gen 4Runner weighs 300 pounds more than an equivalent 3rd gen Tacoma.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone catch a review mention anything about headroom vs. Tacoma or 4runner?
The Land Cruiser is almost 6 inches taller than the 4runner and a couple inches taller than the Taco. I haven't seen anything directly comparing how that translates into headroom though. Could be differences in seat height and ride height as well.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Doug talks about more head room, and says the power is impressive.

dmpplantz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
First drive reviews of the 2.4L Hybrid Land Cruiser are here. This is the same i-Force Max hybrid system and engine used in the 2024 Tacoma Hybrid models, so these reviews give us a preview of how the hybrid powertrain performs on the 4th gen Tacoma hybrids.

ARTICLES

Autoblog
Autotrader.ca
Car and Driver
Carbuzz
Cars.com
Carscoops
Detroit Free Press
Forbes
Hagerty
Jalopnik
Motor Authority
Motor1
Motortrend
Newsweek
The Autopian
The Drive
Wards Auto

VIDEOS

Toyota hosted media for the trailhunter with iMax, months ago. Granted, it was pre production, but still. So, as far as Toyota hosted driving, rather than media getting it out on their own in their own back yards, I'm not sure there's much to be gleaned here. But, new info on taco iMax is scheduled to be freed, next week . . .

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota hosted media for the trailhunter with iMax, months ago. Granted, it was pre production, but still. So, as far as Toyota hosted driving, rather than media getting it out on their own in their own back yards, I'm not sure there's much to be gleaned here. But, new info on taco iMax is scheduled to be freed, next week . . .
My understanding is that the first iForce Max Taco press drive, Land Cruiser press drive, and 4Runner unveil all happened at the same event last week. A few auto influencers got to drive along in a TRD Pro during some "torture testing" laps on a dirt track previously, but none had driven it. So, these Land Cruiser reviews are the first driving impressions of the iForce Max powertrain and therefore interesting for hybrid Taco buyers until the embargo is lifted for Taco reviews. But yeah, we'll know a lot more next week.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
good looking rigs. I can see my neighbor buying one and never taking it off-road. mission accomplished Toyota. Now about the tacoma hybrids...

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
A few auto influencers got to drive along in a TRD Pro during some "torture testing" laps on a dirt track previously, but none had driven it.
If you watch the video from Automotive Press, as he's driving the Land cruiser along a dirt path, he mentions that he drove the TRD Pro on the same path the day before.

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you watch the video from Automotive Press, as he's driving the Land cruiser along a dirt path, he mentions that he drove the TRD Pro on the same path the day before.
Yeah, they drove the Land Cruisers and the Taco hybrids on the same track at the recent drive event, but I was referencing this from about a month ago.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Iā€™m curious how easy it will be fitting 35(ish)ā€ tires following the appropriate lift. Iā€™m also curious how the LC will handle that change, including MPGs. Iā€™m deciding between this and the iForce Max Taco [I have a first-spot deposit on a TRD OR iF Max at MSRP (+ silly fees šŸ™„)]. I like Raitiā€™s review, although he said the LC isnā€™t a rock crawler; mine will/would be šŸ˜. I hope the iForce Max is decent! Thanks for putting all of this together.
Sponsored