Hybrid turbo sizes

Supraman40

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
My setup: JB4 Map6, Drift Motion Stage 3, meth, e40, wagner intake manifold, cts catted downpipe, intake, charge pipe. I plan to take it to the dyno within the next couple weeks. I am loving the new power though.

I will say this, and I don't know who's fault it's is, I bought the stock turbo off ebay to send to Drift Motion, when it came back the waste gate arm was install backwards. This caused a few days of headaches trying to figure out what was wrong.

I don't know if it came like that from ebay or DM.

Last edited:

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I'm almost as confused as @CafeRacerQueen , the foot queen, with all the DAW options.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wonder how the new DAW 6466 will compare to Omega 65...

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T
I wonder how the new DAW 6466 will compare to Omega 65...
I'm looking forward to this comparison too! :popcorn: That and the 6769.

Hoping to have the time to actually finish our testing here within the next "two weeks" 😜 lol. But yea in all seriousness, we will have some more to show everyone here very soon

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm looking forward to this comparison too! :popcorn:

Hoping to have the time to actually finish our testing here within the next "two weeks" 😜 lol. But yea in all seriousness, we will have some more to show everyone here very soon
It does get a little confusing at times. Just ask my homegirl @CafeRacerQueen .

Same size turbo but this one has a bigger exducer but it has 10 blades instead of 9.
This one over here is like a 6466 and this one is like a g30-900.
This one spools at 3200 rpm and that other joint over there spools at 3500.
But you can tune it to do this or that and move the power here or there.

Don't get me wrong - I plan on going with the Omega 65 kit because T51 mod and if I don't tell myself "fuck it. be water" and roll with a decision I will never buy a new turbo because I will be trapped in an infinite loop of doubt and questions. Also: because -why not?

After a while it really does seem like it's splitting hairs. It really seems to come down to other factors like cost, reliability, what's included with the purchase like a RP t shirt ;), and how much faith you have in the vender.

Welcome to the mind of an overthinker. Please enjoy your two week stay.

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T

Same size turbo but this one has a bigger exducer but it has 10 blades instead of 9.

Don't get me wrong - I plan on going with the Omega 65 kit because T51 mod and if I don't tell myself "fuck it. be water" and roll with a decision I will never buy a new turbo because I will be trapped in an infinite loop of doubt and questions. Also: because -why not?

After a while it really does seem like it's splitting hairs. It really seems to come down to other factors like cost, reliability, what's included with the purchase like a RP t shirt ;), and how much faith you have in the vender.

Hahaha I hear ya! Well there is a reason the 65 OMEGA only comes in a turbo Kit. Its designed as a platform and not just a single turbo. We designed it to support all sorts of needs without having to swap turbos. I'm pretty confident that once we post our next set of results, you won't be left wondering which way to go! Oh and you know I got you with that shirt!

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Don't forget wheel aero design which is arguably one of the more important aspects. I've tested turbos in the past that have larger wheels but make less power than a turbo with smaller wheels and better design aero.
Sponsored