I just don't have luck with dealers!

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
Took my Miata ND in for a warranty work (replacing the rag top) two weeks ago. Told the service advice about being careful with my car LOL!!

When it was time to pick it up, I found a scratch (to the bare metal). Normally the scratch would be on the door's side as a result of hitting somebody's car or wall when opened. I am assuming during the top replacement the doors were opened and something fell on that spot and another one near the vin tag inside (no pic posted). This is the same car that almost 3 years ago when I bought it late at night that had a long scratch and a dent. Car was perfect before I signed the docs. I am assuming the guy who washed it scratched it with his belt. Drove 90 miles back to the dealership to have the dent pulled out (PDR) but asked them not to mess with the scratch since I didn't want them to burn my clear coat by wet sanding. Since the car is white, its hard to see the mark directly.

When I had my 350z, brought it in for a second oil change and found a hole in my bumper LOL!! I don't want to even visit the dealership unless its for warranty work. When I had the Tacoma free maintenance, I did my oil change.

door_scratch.jpg

350z_bumper.jpg
Sponsored

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
this is why i do every piece of work on my car myself. it's just too infuriating, and berating the dealer to fix their mistake is an arduous and painful process.

I don't know why it's so difficult to look after other people's property :(