Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, GT4 RC-F
Hi everyone,

Mods:
BoostLogic Downpipe
PWR LTR
KoyoRad Aux Radiators

First two sessions of the day had no issues whatsoever. The third session was good until the last few minutes - check engine light turned on and it cut some power. Called my tuner to no avail - luckily a local tuner was there and he checked it out and cleared the code off my ECUTEK. Local tuner said it was something along the lines of IATs mismatch after the filter so something related to charge air temps. Started fourth session after lunch and after the third lap, the check engine light came back on so I decided to pull off and call it a day. I accidentally cleared the code looking around through ECUTEK so I'll have to reproduce it (which doesn't seem too hard) and update this accordingly.

After speaking with a few track guys and tuners, we came up with a few theories with potentially the main culprit being potentially the tune. My tuner also told me that it was my IATs causing this issue citing that their tune has safeties built in and that my cooling was insufficient. Many people disagreed with that assessment as I have all the upgraded cooling and many people have done DP/Tune with no issues on the track so we'll see.

I'll be datalogging (to send to other tuners for secondary review) this weekend at Thunderhill and trying to figure out what the problem really is. So far we have some theories so I'll be testing these out. If I can verify that it's not the 91 octane or fuel starvation, that should leave the tune as the culprit as my cooling systems are all working properly as oil/coolant temps are lower than standard under load.
  • Tune (what everyone seems to think the cause is)
  • Fuel starvation (unlikely but possible - over half tank entire day)
  • 91 Octane (will be mixing some 100 this weekend to test)
In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone could chime in or have had any experience with this?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevenlammy

stevenlammy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, GT4 RC-F
Need iat to be sure or eliminate that.
Need the codes

with out those we are all throwing darts from 1000 miles away
Like I said, the local tuner pulled codes and it was related to IATs. Will be data logging this weekend to see. It seems like itā€™s easy enough to replicate.

Will keep you posted!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Cut some power.
Like how much? Jackie went from tuned to no boost last week with a completely different issue.. I don't remember if he looked at IAT...

OP
OP
stevenlammy

stevenlammy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, GT4 RC-F
Like how much? Jackie went from tuned to no boost last week with a completely different issue.. I don't remember if he looked at IAT...

Not too much.

I was there with him. His issue is unrelated Iā€™m sure. His actuator was pivoted out and it was out of spec. Heā€™s on his way back to Ohio currently so hoping he gets that sorted soon!

OP
OP
stevenlammy

stevenlammy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra, GT4 RC-F
DTC is 108B0: Charge-air temperature sensor, signal: Temperature too high

I logged 2 sessions and sent files to my tuner Visconti to have him review. I also sent logs to Bains who is local for a secondary review. First session no issues but the car was pulling a massive amount of power after a few laps. The second session it started to pull power again and then it threw the code once more.

If the tune is the issue, I will be having Bains dyno tune it in the new year and we will track the car and double back on this post!

Q8_TwinTurbo

First Name
Athbi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Porsche 965 Turbo 3.6, 2001 Porsche 996 Turbo, 2008 Mitsubishi Evo X
DTC is 108B0: Charge-air temperature sensor, signal: Temperature too high

I logged 2 sessions and sent files to my tuner Visconti to have him review. I also sent logs to Bains who is local for a secondary review. First session no issues but the car was pulling a massive amount of power after a few laps. The second session it started to pull power again and then it threw the code once more.

If the tune is the issue, I will be having Bains dyno tune it in the new year and we will track the car and double back on this post!
Since you have changed the heat exchanger and remote radiators. Have you inspected if you have some air bubbles in the coolant system ? I have the same problem.

The modification parts on my car;
- Fluidyne heat exchanger
- Koyo radiators
- Boost Logic catless downpipe
- BMC drop in filter
- Hydra Motor Works Stage 2 Tune

I hope someone comes out with a fix to this culprit.
Sponsored