If not the New Supra, then what?

What other car are you looking forward to?

• Mazda R7/8 successor

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Nissan Z successor

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Honda S2000 successor

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • R36 GT-R

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

NYC_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota
Last night I saw an Alfa 4c up close. Pictures alone do not do justice to just how beautiful this car is. Exceptionally wide. Love the curves. I've heard all the shortcomings of this car, but I am intrigued.
I have seen a few up close and agree with you. For me it looks expensive in a way that the smaller Lotus models never could. If only a manual transmission was available.

OP
OP
Supraman

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I added the R36 GT-R to the poll. There could be a possibility we see the next generation show up at Tokyo. The below was posted from a member on Supra forums:

"Options magazine speculation says 750-800hp with the VR30DETT and hybrid tech. And significantly lighter at less than 1450kg at $300k"

21768950_1985717061670756_6926738067648523631_o.jpg

R36b.jpg

22339146_111990030481155f.jpg

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If the Supra turns out to be too expensive two current models would be of interest - a Sport 370Z at about $34k CAD, and a Civic Type R at $40k. With its new EXEDY clutch this year, the Z is supposed to be easier to use as a daily.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Test drove a Z today, nice feel through the wheel and flat cornering that is quite neutral, but you can feel those 3200+ lbs. The shifting is crude, very stiff and notchy and the clutch is still fairly stiff. The seven speed auto is the only version that would be a possible Supra alternative for me.

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If this Supra doesn't come correct, then I'm just going to buy a CRV Turbo.

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
My number 2 wish car after the supra would be a silvia s16 but i believe it is not happening, at least any time soon.

OP
OP
Supraman

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ Yeah I don't know what is going on with Nissan or what they are working on besides the next gen of the GT-R . I actually liked the Nissan IDX concept they came out with a few years ago but they scraped that project as well.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Alpine A110 is probably the best sports car on sale.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Alpine A110 is probably the best sports car on sale.
I'd be very interested in seeing those in the US. Seems like they've done a great job in bringing that name back.

Kaffeinski

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
718 cayman
Been lurking this forum religiously for the past year in anticipation of a 2017/2018 reveal.

Im sorry to say i got tired of waiting, just for dates to be pushed back. Or worse, get gouged in the eyes with the prius+gt86 baby from the tokyo show.

In the end, i couldnt stomach the rumors of yes/no manual transmission.

ordered a 718 Cayman for sanity while i continue to lurk these forums for A70TTR's posts and the impressive renderings (extra respect to the ones done on MSpaint)

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
I totally feel frustrated by the lack of information too . The car though was supposed to enter the market at about 2019 so either way we would wait till then no matter what. The big mistake toyota is continuing to do is keeping us in the dark and all the mystery oooo . For example why the hell would they want to keep private if the car will be 2+2 or 2 seater or the name of the car , or more importantly if a manual is considered (i feel you on the manual thing ). I mean i get it if they wanted to keep the prices a secret or the output but this is just silly .

Kaffeinski

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
718 cayman
Yea it wouldnt take much to keep me excited. A teaser pic of a sexy coupe silhouette with confirmation of a 6speed would do.

Speaking of sexy coupes, i'm also looking forward to the rx9. I pray to god of bomex it looks exactly like the vision concept. I dont care if I have to drive sideways over every speedbump and dip

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
But why are all the people ghosts? Did they all die of old age waiting for the Supra?
If that were the case I'd be dead already thinking the last gen Celica would be AWD instead of what we got!
Hell the mid engine corvettes fans have been waiting 30 years! (Coming soon* though)
Sponsored