I'm a sales manager for a Toyota dealership - AMA

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1991 325i Turbo, 2019 RC350
Just took delivery of my 2021 3.0 Premium tonight, just wanted to offer any insider assistance I can to the community. Any "behind the desk" questions? Working a deal at another dealer? Let me know!

I have dealer-side KBB, NADA, MMR, etc. Unlimited Carfax, access to my 5 stage region inventory and invoices, etc.

Glad to be on board, happy to help with anything I can!
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Just took delivery of my 2021 3.0 Premium tonight, just wanted to offer any insider assistance I can to the community. Any "behind the desk" questions? Working a deal at another dealer? Let me know!

I have dealer-side KBB, NADA, MMR, etc. Unlimited Carfax, access to my 5 stage region inventory and invoices, etc.

More like the other way around. We can offer you help on your car. Lol

OP
OP
hotsaucewizard

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
More like the other way around. We can offer you help on your car. Lol
Right - and in return I will offer any help I can. :)

It'd be rude to not reciprocate. Just trying to express that I have access to a lot of information that your average consumer doesn't. Based on some of the buyers I've sold Supras to some of the info is out there but I had a guy on my showfloor a couple of weeks ago trying to tell me what my markup from invoice to MSRP was and he was way off. Whether it's pricing, availability, future developments, etc. Just happy to help if any info I have is useful to someone.

OP
OP
hotsaucewizard

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought this was the Pricing, Ordering, Negotiating board but maybe I clicked on the wrong one ;)

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Feet to the fire.......Here are a couple of local examples that i have had my eye on....

1st...https://www.greenstoyotaoflexington.com/auto/new-2021-toyota-gr-supra-20-lexington-ky/49807112/

i am looking at both 2.0 and 3.0. This one was one of the first 2.0's in my area and is still on the lot today.....how far can i take them?

2nd........https://www.toyotaonnicholasville.com/inventory/new-2021-toyota-supra-3-0-rwd-2-wz1db0c05mw033619/#

This one is still on the their lot as well and has been there since before Thanksgiving. it is actually a white one (don't think anyone likes the white). the 3 others they had are gone......car is dirty which is why they only show the ad photo....saw the car Sunday. guess they don't want to waste time cleaning it if they can't sell it.....

OP
OP
hotsaucewizard

hotsaucewizard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Feet to the fire.......Here are a couple of local examples that i have had my eye on....

1st...https://www.greenstoyotaoflexington.com/auto/new-2021-toyota-gr-supra-20-lexington-ky/49807112/

i am looking at both 2.0 and 3.0. This one was one of the first 2.0's in my area and is still on the lot today.....how far can i take them?

2nd........https://www.toyotaonnicholasville.com/inventory/new-2021-toyota-supra-3-0-rwd-2-wz1db0c05mw033619/#

This one is still on the their lot as well and has been there since before Thanksgiving. it is actually a white one (don't think anyone likes the white). the 3 others they had are gone......car is dirty which is why they only show the ad photo....saw the car Sunday. guess they don't want to waste time cleaning it if they can't sell it.....
The 2.0s we've received really don't move at all in comparison to the 3.0s. My store does ~750 units per month at the moment. I can tell you we can get much much dirtier on a 2.0, there's almost no demand so far. Most of my good info is IP locked so I can better reply to this post tomorrow morning once I'm back at work. In general your best strategy is to pit dealers against each other and work a he said she said angle. Also - if you can get an emailed quote from another dealer it's pretty easy to edit the HTML to your liking and forward it to the dealer you're negotiating with ;)

I'll get you a better answer tomorrow.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
All the hype is for the 3.0 and the 2.0 is an "afterthought" here in the states whereas, overseas, you have various taxes that make the 2.0 more desirable there. I have a Stinger 2.0 and got a helluva deal because like the Supra, all the hype was for the GT 3.3T model......

This is one of the reasons i am also looking at the 2.0.

KillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tacoma 2020 Supra!
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea if factory rebates will be coming soon?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Any idea when the 2022 model will be announced, and what changes if any can we expected?

Last edited:

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart

Appreciate the offer to help out! Thanks.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
The 2.0s we've received really don't move at all in comparison to the 3.0s. My store does ~750 units per month at the moment. I can tell you we can get much much dirtier on a 2.0, there's almost no demand so far. Most of my good info is IP locked so I can better reply to this post tomorrow morning once I'm back at work. In general your best strategy is to pit dealers against each other and work a he said she said angle. Also - if you can get an emailed quote from another dealer it's pretty easy to edit the HTML to your liking and forward it to the dealer you're negotiating with ;)

I'll get you a better answer tomorrow.
That is what I did. I ended up getting a 3.0 Premium w/DA that stickered for $56.7k for $48.9k (plus tax and registration) just before Christmas (so, price includes $1,500 incentive). I was good with that. As I’ve posted here before, a nearby Carmax sells Supras new and at very low prices and I used there quote to begin discussion with other dealerships at relatively low starting point (they had the car I referenced above for $50.1k.

One place actually said they would work hard to beat the other place because they were second to that other place in overall sales and they wanted to change that.
Sponsored