Impressions/Review Frequency Intelligence Exhaust (Stock Cat)

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra Refraction Blue
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there are not a lot of exhaust reviews here and as someone who spent hours and hours looking at exhaust systems and jumping on any new information I wanted to throw my experience with an Exhaust System here.

For sound clips, I do have a review video on YouTube that has the sound clips:
Full Video of FI Exhaust Review
And below are the two parts with the exhaust revs/drives:
dB Test: (1:24)
Fly By, Launch: (8:45)

I acquired the FI Exhaust for my 2021 A91 Edition Supra, and am running it with the stock cat for now.
Let's bullet point this:
Price: Around $3K for the system, $800 for the optional Remote Bluetooth system (Works via external remote or smartphone app)that allows you to control the valves separately (It is Bluetooth compatible so you can also set it to open the valves when the car is at a certain RPM range)
Construction: Stainless Steel. Beautiful looking system, also has a few numbered plates on the muffler and piping. I am number 87. It does have dual valves also, so you re-use the factory valve motor and FI includes the second motor. (Pictures at the end)
Installation: Fitment was good, my only slight concern was potential rubbing on the under brace. It is worth mentioning though that I didn't actually notice any rubbing when it was installed but it was pretty close. So I did just put a few washers on the brace for just a bit more clearance. 1K miles later and no rubbing. With the dual valves you use the included splitter to connect both valves to the factory plug.
*If you use the optional Remote Bluetooth System the following (Included) wiring needs to be done for the System box*
1. Wire from the aforementioned valve motor splitter to the box to control the valves
2. Wire from the OBD to the box to use the RPM range features
3. Wire from the box to the Supra fuse box to power the system
Looks: Shiny as heck. I went with the base chrome tips which fill out the back end rather nicely. There are a myriad of options though if you wanted something else (Around $300 for different tips) for example I have seen carbon fiber tips as well as black.
Sound: As mentioned earlier, this is a dual valve system. In comfort mode it is basically stock. Honestly, it muffles the start-up pops a bit more than the stock system did. On the freeway I experience no drone either (In Comfort or Sport). In Sport mode is sounds great, it really enhances the B58 sound and volume and definitely gives the pops more sound also. I have a dashcam video of some Toyota techs turning the car on inside their shop in Sport mode and they were like, "Holy Shit!" due to the pops echoing inside. Acceleration gives you a little more volume in the cabin (I do have EDC disabled) but not annoying at all. I can definitely see this system being a great starting point for if you wanted to go catless as the dual valves would help in terms of not being a cop magnet in Comfort mode.
Negatives: So far the only negative I have seen is the valve on the FI motor side has a bit of a rattle on cold starts. However, it may be due to an improper motor install so when I have time I will be taking it off and re-installing it. After cold start though there is ZERO rattling. And you can't hear the rattling on the inside, only if you are standing right behind the car during the cold start.

That is my review! Please let me know if I missed anything of if you want any other information. I can definitely add to this.
Pics:
IMG_7300.jpg
IMG_7271.jpg
IMG_7272.JPG
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Good detailed review. Its nice to see what a top of the line exhaust looks like. The $3800 price is not for the faint of heart but you can see quality in their product.

I would have liked to see more drive by sound clips since that’s where the exhaust really stands out.

-RJM

OP
OP
Rob_Supra21

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good detailed review. Its nice to see what a top of the line exhaust looks like. The $3800 price is not for the faint of heart but you can see quality in their product.

I would have liked to see more drive by sound clips since that’s where the exhaust really stands out.

-RJM
Thanks! I do agree on more drive by clips, unfortunately the wind started getting brutal so the other clips audio got washed out.

yeah the $3.8K is steep, but you can skip the control system and then it’s $3K which is around the price of some of the high end offerings

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
It took me a second to realize one of those pics is an upside-down perspective. I was like, what's on the back of his diff? :p I was getting ready to ask where you got your diff cooling system from (besides the passive one from Verus Engineering).

Danno

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Tacoma TRD pro
I got the Fi in black and I love it! It sounds really good, 0 regrets. Sport mode off its insanely quiet.

Side note wide angle made the verus wing look gigantic lol.

20210522_144659.jpg

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I do agree on more drive by clips, unfortunately the wind started getting brutal so the other clips audio got washed out.

yeah the $3.8K is steep, but you can skip the control system and then it’s $3K which is around the price of some of the high end offerings
So does this system require the control system to operate the valves? Does the Sport button do nothing with this system?

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine on in spring. I have not had any rattle problems. I find myself with the radio off or significantly low just to hear this exhaust sing. Although you don't need the remote setup, (because sport will still operate Valves) the remote app is fun because you have options for set up and you can also clear any codes the exhaust may cause. I got mine from DSG performance who's customer service and follow up was awesome and it was installed by an authorized Fi dealer. Very happy with this setup.

OP
OP
Rob_Supra21

Rob_Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So does this system require the control system to operate the valves? Does the Sport button do nothing with this system?
If you skip the control system then both valves connect to the stock valve wiring. So you then control the valves with the sport button just like stock.

nowvolt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5 supra
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there are not a lot of exhaust reviews here and as someone who spent hours and hours looking at exhaust systems and jumping on any new information I wanted to throw my experience with an Exhaust System here.

For sound clips, I do have a review video on YouTube that has the sound clips:
Full Video of FI Exhaust Review
And below are the two parts with the exhaust revs/drives:
dB Test: (1:24)
Fly By, Launch: (8:45)

I acquired the FI Exhaust for my 2021 A91 Edition Supra, and am running it with the stock cat for now.
Let's bullet point this:
Price: Around $3K for the system, $800 for the optional Remote Bluetooth system (Works via external remote or smartphone app)that allows you to control the valves separately (It is Bluetooth compatible so you can also set it to open the valves when the car is at a certain RPM range)
Construction: Stainless Steel. Beautiful looking system, also has a few numbered plates on the muffler and piping. I am number 87. It does have dual valves also, so you re-use the factory valve motor and FI includes the second motor. (Pictures at the end)
Installation: Fitment was good, my only slight concern was potential rubbing on the under brace. It is worth mentioning though that I didn't actually notice any rubbing when it was installed but it was pretty close. So I did just put a few washers on the brace for just a bit more clearance. 1K miles later and no rubbing. With the dual valves you use the included splitter to connect both valves to the factory plug.
*If you use the optional Remote Bluetooth System the following (Included) wiring needs to be done for the System box*
1. Wire from the aforementioned valve motor splitter to the box to control the valves
2. Wire from the OBD to the box to use the RPM range features
3. Wire from the box to the Supra fuse box to power the system
Looks: Shiny as heck. I went with the base chrome tips which fill out the back end rather nicely. There are a myriad of options though if you wanted something else (Around $300 for different tips) for example I have seen carbon fiber tips as well as black.
Sound: As mentioned earlier, this is a dual valve system. In comfort mode it is basically stock. Honestly, it muffles the start-up pops a bit more than the stock system did. On the freeway I experience no drone either (In Comfort or Sport). In Sport mode is sounds great, it really enhances the B58 sound and volume and definitely gives the pops more sound also. I have a dashcam video of some Toyota techs turning the car on inside their shop in Sport mode and they were like, "Holy Shit!" due to the pops echoing inside. Acceleration gives you a little more volume in the cabin (I do have EDC disabled) but not annoying at all. I can definitely see this system being a great starting point for if you wanted to go catless as the dual valves would help in terms of not being a cop magnet in Comfort mode.
Negatives: So far the only negative I have seen is the valve on the FI motor side has a bit of a rattle on cold starts. However, it may be due to an improper motor install so when I have time I will be taking it off and re-installing it. After cold start though there is ZERO rattling. And you can't hear the rattling on the inside, only if you are standing right behind the car during the cold start.

That is my review! Please let me know if I missed anything of if you want any other information. I can definitely add to this.
Pics:
IMG_7300.jpg
IMG_7271.jpg
IMG_7272.JPG
hey there, Im getting my supra next week and I am wanting to go ahead an order an exhaust. I found a fi exhaust i want on a90shop and i was wondering if they are legit?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
hey there, Im getting my supra next week and I am wanting to go ahead an order an exhaust. I found a fi exhaust i want on a90shop and i was wondering if they are legit?
Very Legit. @A90 Shop is a forum supporter. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from him and only had great results and support.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I’ve ordered many parts from @A90 Shop . They’re one of the top vendors for MKV parts.

-RJM
Sponsored