Info Screen is Dim

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, V8 Solstice Coupe, 21 C8, 88 V8 Fiero
Maye just mine, but I can barely read some of the info on the screen above the AC controls, etc. It does not change its brightness at all between day or night -- acts like it is stuck on night mode during the day. Before I take to dealer, just want to see how others are doing with it. For example the digital clock is very faint on this screen no matter what time of day, level of glare etc. Some of the info is brighter than others. Thanks for any thoughts.
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Maye just mine, but I can barely read some of the info on the screen above the AC controls, etc. It does not change its brightness at all between day or night -- acts like it is stuck on night mode during the day. Before I take to dealer, just want to see how others are doing with it. For example the digital clock is very faint on this screen no matter what time of day, level of glare etc. Some of the info is brighter than others. Thanks for any thoughts.
Do you mean the infotainment screen? Where you change radio stations, maps, etc? You can adjust the brightness in the options menu.

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes, that's the one. The only adjustment I see is "brightness at night," which doesn't alter anything during the day.

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was looking at some BMW boards and they mentioned that menus a year or two were just "brightness" and then it was changed to "brightness at night."

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Did you get window tint installed by chance? If so, did the problem start after the tint was installed?

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just had tint installed, but issue was there from day one. I'm not sure where the sensor is located.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at some BMW boards and they mentioned that menus a year or two were just "brightness" and then it was changed to "brightness at night."
Hm. I don't remember specifically, but maybe try to use the cluster adjustment?

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tried cluster - it does not affect infotainment screen

Supriast

First Name
Rainer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3,0 L Premium 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same problem with my control display in the middle of the dashboard; it is much too dim for me form day zero. The manual regulator for the instrument panel in front of the driver (right of the light switches) allows a further dimming at night. There are also adjustments of the brightness of the control display in the setting menu, but only for the brightness at night.

Luckily there is an extra option to enhance brightness for the rear camera in its own settings.

My brightness of the control display automatically adjusts with outer light condition during the day, but is always too dark. During night it is ok and can be further dimmed with the manual regulator.

Darkness and lack of adjustability of the control display during day seems to be a problem with all BMW Infotainment systems, currently. It came in with a most recent software update. Hope that this will change in the future.

By the way: The instrument panel with the speed indicator could also be a bit brighter for my taste. However, no adjustment is possible during the day, only during night by dimming manually down with the manual regulator.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just had tint installed, but issue was there from day one. I'm not sure where the sensor is located.
Try to find the light sensor and see if it responds to a flashlight. On many recent models, it’s hidden in the instrument panel.

Is only the center display dim, or also the instrument panel?

Supriast

First Name
Rainer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3,0 L Premium 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Try to find the light sensor and see if it responds to a flashlight.
The light sensor is at the inner rear mirror. Depending on the model, it is on the front side (which is the rear side from the driver's view), at the in driving direction right side (Premium edition). The other model, it do not know.

OP
OP
89 and 95

89 and 95

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an LE - assume it would be in same place. Thanks, will play around with flashlight and see if it responds.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The light sensor is at the inner rear mirror. Depending on the model, it is on the front side (which is the rear side from the driver's view), at the in driving direction right side (Premium edition). The other model, it do not know.

That is not the one for the instruments and screen, that is for the auto-dim mirror. That only controls the mirror, nothing else.

Gearbangin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 175/1500 2007 TRD Edition FJ Cruiser/Lifted/Murdered out 2016 NT 200T F Sport 2019 RCF Anniversary Edition Matte Nebula Gray
I’m tinted and the screen is so dark can barely see it sometimes in the day.
Sponsored