• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE APRIL 19, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER April 19, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Information On Locked ECUs

Jamesm2001

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Lexus IS 300 F-Sport
Hello all, glad to be part of the forum!

With the lease on my current vehicle coming to an end soon, I'm looking to own a car with more power and modification capability. Coming from a Lexus with a locked ECU and virtually no tuning support, the MKV Supra seemed like a good upgrade from my current vehicle. However, doing some research I've noticed that the new models are now being released with locked ECUs as well. After what month/year are these cars equipped with locked ECUs? Because I think I'm going to avoid those altogether.

Thank you!
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Hi & Welcome James,

Please take a look at
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/a9...ecu-manufactured-after-2020-6-is-locked.6464/

It's believed that ECUs built after June timing, some say June 1st, some later, are not ECU tunable, yet. Exact vehicle build date would vary. If you want to be sure, look for vehicles built way before June.

When you look up listings online, input VIN into VIN decoder to check build date.. Again, no 1:1 correlation for vehicle build vs ECU build, that I know of...
If you visit the dealer, pop the hood, find ECU, take a picture if you can't see the date immediately, and input it in the thread I linked above...

Also, hate to say this, but you've posted it in wrong sub-forum :) a mod I'm sure will move it. You can't. Also, search button goes a long way :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamesm2001

Jamesm2001

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Lexus IS 300 F-Sport
Hi & Welcome James,

Please take a look at
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/a9...ecu-manufactured-after-2020-6-is-locked.6464/

It's believed that ECUs built during June timing, some say June 1st, some later, are not ECU tunable, yet. Exact vehicle build date would vary. If you want to be sure, look for vehicles built way before June.

When you look up listings online, input VIN into VIN decoder to check build date.. Again, no 1:1 correlation for vehicle build vs ECU build, that I know of...
If you visit the dealer, pop the hood, find ECU, take a picture if you can't see the date immediately, and input it in the thread I linked above...

Also, hate to say this, but you've posted it in wrong sub-forum :) a mod I'm sure will move it. You can't. Also, search button goes a long way :thumbsup:
Thank you so much for the info! Will keep an eye out.

Regards,
-James

livewirezone

First Name
Aqib
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
The other alternative would be to use piggyback such as Titan Protune. I have been using mine for over 6 months with no issues or engine check light with catted dp.

Hello all, glad to be part of the forum!

With the lease on my current vehicle coming to an end soon, I'm looking to own a car with more power and modification capability. Coming from a Lexus with a locked ECU and virtually no tuning support, the MKV Supra seemed like a good upgrade from my current vehicle. However, doing some research I've noticed that the new models are now being released with locked ECUs as well. After what month/year are these cars equipped with locked ECUs? Because I think I'm going to avoid those altogether.

Thank you!
Sponsored