Infotainment Favorite Touch Buttons - any other uses?

kermit

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I'm talking about the 10 or so numbered buttons just to the right of the volume knob. I basically only use CarPlay and you can't even assign CarPlay to a favorites button!! (or sport gauges for that matter, which is dumb)

Anything else they can be used for or programmed for? Like a touch-based volume selector or track selector? At the moment, they are pretty much useless to me.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've tire pressure, sports display..
Assigning wasn't straight forward to me at first. You open sports display and hold the button, it doesn't work. I've done it 2 years ago, i believe, assign from one menu before... Check manual when in doubt

Last edited:

wirles

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have those set to things like tire pressure, oil level, equalizer, a direct link to the phone part on car play. You go to pretty much any selection in the infotainment and don't select it, just highlight it. Then hold down the button you want to assign the selection to and then the button is assigned to the highlighted function.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
I'm talking about the 10 or so numbered buttons just to the right of the volume knob. I basically only use CarPlay and you can't even assign CarPlay to a favorites button!! (or sport gauges for that matter, which is dumb)

Anything else they can be used for or programmed for? Like a touch-based volume selector or track selector? At the moment, they are pretty much useless to me.
Assigning Apple Carplay to one of the buttons works for me!

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I use 1 for tire pressure and 2 for the equalizer. Dunno what to do with the rest..

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
One for the single radio station I ever listen to, one for tires, one for oil, one for trip computer... the others are a bit too far away for an easy reach to matter - simpler to just use the controller for the rest IMO.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
I've yet to get it to work. ionno

DB42R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra
I've yet to get it to work. ionno
If you're having problems adding the carplay to a shortcut - I also had a few issues.
It can't be done while CarPlay is open, or from the little icon in the lower corner of the front screen - seemed a bit fiddly.

How I did it was to go into the phone menu, and when Apple CarPlay is highlighted, hold the desired button.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP

kermit

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
If you're having problems adding the carplay to a shortcut - I also had a few issues.
It can't be done while CarPlay is open, or from the little icon in the lower corner of the front screen - seemed a bit fiddly.

How I did it was to go into the phone menu, and when Apple CarPlay is highlighted, hold the desired button.

Hope that helps.
Wow...just tried this and it worked perfectly for everything! CarPlay, CarPlay map view, sport gauges, etc. What a strange way to set it up

DB42R

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT Supra
Nice - glad to hear it helped.
It is a bit weird... I would have thought whatever is on the screen (open) when the button is held, is the screen you should expect to open when you press it again... Once you work out that you need to have the item selected (not open), and can be creative (remembering where some options are) it all works O.K...

Remember to setup for both keys if you have multiple (as I think they are different key to key)

GenericUser1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Prem. Yelllow, 2017 BMW R9T Classic
I use mine mostly for SAT Radio and have one for my home address, I'll have to try adding tire pressure and oil level.

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Nice - glad to hear it helped.
It is a bit weird... I would have thought whatever is on the screen (open) when the button is held, is the screen you should expect to open when you press it again... Once you work out that you need to have the item selected (not open), and can be creative (remembering where some options are) it all works O.K...

Remember to setup for both keys if you have multiple (as I think they are different key to key)
Bro this helped me too, I was like about to give up and then I read what you said to do here. Thanks bro!

Deleted member 6088

Has anyone noticed that carplay music ( I use spotify app ) that the music output level is a lot lower than if you were listening to XM radio?
Sponsored